Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missouri bans sales of Tesla starting 1 Jan 17

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then the Democrats and the Republicans swapped a whole bunch of key positions in the 60s. I consistently think it's unfair to judge a party for anything done more than 30 years ago, since that's plenty of time for leadership and positions to change places. Go look at party platforms from the 1960s and 1970s. There are some weird positions on there that don't match our current views of the parties.
Exactly. When Lyndon Johnson pushed through the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts he predicted that shift and it's happened.

Exactly. When Lyndon Johnson pushed through the Civil Rights and Voting Rights acts he predicted that shift and it's happened.

Prior to the mid 60s, Democrats were the party of segregation. However, the Republicans implemented what is now known as the "Southern Strategy" -- taking over the South by appealing to white racists. It is a strategy that is still a major source of votes for them to this day.

Here is a quote from Kevin Phillips, Nixon's chief strategist in 1970:

"From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are."

Chillingly prescient, if you ask me.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia

When I go to replace my SUV (which still needs to be an ICE), I will certainly buy it across the river in Illinois rather than give the business to a member of MADA.

Frankly, if this lawsuit ends up sticking, I really hope Tesla just moves its St. Louis and KC dealerships across their respective state lines. If MO doesn't want the business, fine.

Then the Democrats and the Republicans swapped a whole bunch of key positions in the 60s. I consistently think it's unfair to judge a party for anything done more than 30 years ago, since that's plenty of time for leadership and positions to change places. Go look at party platforms from the 1960s and 1970s. There are some weird positions on there that don't match our current views of the parties.

Yes LBJ betrayed his southern segregationist roots and helped pass the civil rights and voting rights acts in the 60s to create a legacy for himself. The conservative voting base of the south being unhappy with this new liberalism pretty much abandoned the Democratic party and started voting Republican, which rapidly became the flag bearer for modern conservatism we now know.

For states that have a single party controlling both houses of the legislature, after this election:

32 are Red (up from 30)
13 are Blue

Not many blue states out there! ... So not surprising if more of the states Tesla has trouble in are Red.

Not sure this is really a Red v Blue problem. Likely equal opportunity corruption.

I am grateful some of you know the history behind our current political climate. I think tactically, and yes I am retired from the army; therefore, after the last election I feel like I am the sole surviving US Army Officer ~ and I cannot say there is much honor in that either.
Since I had three years enlisted, I retired a major to support my wife's vision/ career. Since my retirement in '94; the Republicons have privatized my single payer medical coverage and severed my annual retired pay increases from active duty to match social security. My call sign after honing my philosophy of Religion, Politics and dealing with the Village Idots is MajorBS ~ incorporates my rank and initials. So I come by it honestly.
Now I am digging thru a pile of political horse poo looking for my pony/MX.
I want nothing less than great futures for Mother Earth, and our grandchildren. My wife has advocated for organics forever and Mother Earth and eventually became the top state Landscape Architect and developed the roadside restoration plan.
Back in the sixties my mother told me that the political pendulum would swing back and that it has ~ with a vengeance.
I want and with the good graces of my wife, I will get to buy an MX in August this year. I am collecting aluminum cans to help afford one.
If I had to drive to another state to pick it up, you can bet I would. If the electric power company stops paying us for the electricity produce by our 2013 solar panels, then I am buying a powerwall and so on down the line.
Realize you are living a bold faced lie as Congress represents "We the Money" and not "We the people." If you believe you have lots of money; think again ~ it will never be enough.
You and I have to make the difference! Life here one Earth for me is the here and the now, and I need to leave it in a better condition than how I found her sixty-seven (I hope more) years ago.
Besides I have no intention of learning to speak Confederate.

I am grateful some of you know the history behind our current political climate. I think tactically, and yes I am retired from the army; therefore, after the last election I feel like I am the sole surviving US Army Officer ~ and I cannot say there is much honor in that either.
Since I had three years enlisted, I retired a major to support my wife's vision/ career. Since my retirement in '94; the Republicons have privatized my single payer medical coverage and severed my annual retired pay increases from active duty to match social security. My call sign after honing my philosophy of Religion, Politics and dealing with the Village Idots is MajorBS ~ incorporates my rank and initials. So I come by it honestly.
Now I am digging thru a pile of political horse poo looking for my pony/MX.
I want nothing less than great futures for Mother Earth, and our grandchildren. My wife has advocated for organics forever and Mother Earth and eventually became the top state Landscape Architect and developed the roadside restoration plan.
Back in the sixties my mother told me that the political pendulum would swing back and that it has ~ with a vengeance.
I want and with the good graces of my wife, I will get to buy an MX in August this year. I am collecting aluminum cans to help afford one.
If I had to drive to another state to pick it up, you can bet I would. If the electric power company stops paying us for the electricity produce by our 2013 solar panels, then I am buying a powerwall and so on down the line.
Realize you are living a bold faced lie as Congress represents "We the Money" and not "We the people." If you believe you have lots of money; think again ~ it will never be enough.
You and I have to make the difference! Life here one Earth for me is the here and the now, and I need to leave it in a better condition than how I found her sixty-seven (I hope more) years ago.
Besides I have no intention of learning to speak Confederate.
Thanks you for serving our country there is much honor in that, I to served in Vietnam and when I got out of the Army in 1970 you did not want to tell people you served. In the last 20 years or so people are now saying thank you for your service, would not have happened 40 years ago. Now I just try to do the right thing to protect the earth as best I can. I feel fortunate to be able to own Tesla's, I was in the car business for my career and do not miss the smell or sound of an ICE. Hope not to have to ever buy gas again and with solar minimize my supporting our power company.

I agree that we should try to keep on the topic of Tesla and dealership laws, although this does segue naturally to lawyers, law makers and politics. As the OP, I apologize for starting this post with a political innuendo. At the time I was feeling a bit down by changes to AP and then Tesla stores being closed for our protection got me going... Sorry.

Reactions: M0DEL³ and Ahisaac