Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missouri / Fort Leonard Wood

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tripple_T

Cincinnati Member
May 20, 2015
Cincinnati, OH
Anyone know of charging options on the base? I will be spending 4 month there over the winter. I'm planning to take a ICE car because I can't find any information on charging at the base. It looks like getting there could be a challenge as well.

Anyone know of charging options on the base? I will be spending 4 month there over the winter. I'm planning to take a ICE car because I can't find any information on charging at the base. It looks like getting there could be a challenge as well.

On base probably ZERO. I work at Scott AFB and have queried the Base Commander twice about on base charging and the DOD has no authority to allow a POV to be charged.

Suggest getting the PlugShare app and find local off base charging.

Good luck.

Do you know what your living arrangements are going to be? If you know where you're going to be staying, you might try calling ahead to see if there's parking near a 120V outlet.

I just got back from a month at Fort Knox--similar situation--and took my Tesla without a real plan. I was able to find 4 spots that were within reach of a 120V plug near the barracks, and since I wasn't doing more than 20-30 miles a day it worked out fine. However, the first couple of days before I found those spots were a little stressful, and it could have been a real disaster.

Of course, if your daily mileage is going to be a lot more than that, the 120V won't cut it. Another option is to look into local RV camps, which often aren't listed on Plugshare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I've been on "PlugShare" and have the app on my phone. Rolla does appear to be the closest, but I'm not comfortable with that distance/plan. I will be there over the winter months and the cold weather concerns me, without the car plugged into at least a 120v outlet. I think Tom had the answer I was worried about. However, the base RV camping sites is a good idea. Many of the bases have spots for them. I will be there for 4+ months so some recon on my first trip with an ICE car is probably needed before I attempt the drive in the MS.