TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Missouri vs Iowa

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by wcfinvader, Sep 12, 2014.

1. wcfinvader

wcfinvader Member

Long story that'd I'd rather not get into but how much is personal property tax in Missouri for a Model S 85kwh ($94,000)? Iowa is $1,000 to register (equivalent of personal property tax). Considering a move to Missouri depending on cost. Unable to find the tax rate though.

2. Liz G

Liz G P03056

We paid $7000 in sales tax. So I am estimating $2500 for the first years property taxes, roughly 1/3rd the slaes tax.

3. wcfinvader

wcfinvader Member

Thanks for the Reply. I was debating on moving to Missouri but that's significantly higher than Iowa. Sales tax is 5% here (~$5,000) and registration fee is 1% value of car so estimating $1,000 dollars per year.

4. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Madison County, Alabama, new vehicle sales tax rate is 2.75% and my 2015 plate cost $420.