TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

[Mistake - Resolved] LR AWD price drops $1300--What would you do?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by RubinRA, Jan 30, 2020.

1. RubinRA

RubinRA Member

I ordered a blue LR AWD w 18" aero wheels, have the VIN, have insurance, am paid in full, due to be delivered in 3 days, and now the configurator shows a $56,990 price. I paid $58,290. I haven't taken delivery yet. Should I ask for my money back, re-order, and wait another 6-8 weeks (if Tesla will even let me re-order)? Bug the sales associate and see if I can get the new price? What would you do?

2. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

When I got my Model 3 in October 2018, the AWD option dropped by $1,000 between my order and my delivery date.

When I pickup my car, the new priced was updated and I received a refund check few weeks later.

But double check your documents price at delivery before signing it to see if it reflect the updated price.

I don't know what would happen if instead there was a price increase then...

3. dmurphy

dmurphy Woof.

If you haven't taken delivery, they will adjust the price for you. Just ask.

Mine dropped $2,500 between order and delivery - they had no problem adjusting it at all. This was in April 2019. In fact, they called ME to tell me about the price drop.

4. RubinRA

RubinRA Member

Oops -- looks like the configurator price didn't include destination fee. My mistake!

5. TydalForce

TydalForce Member

After ordering my Model 3, the price of black paint increased from $750 to $1000
    This was, unfortunately, reflected on my Reservation Status page.
    I contacted my SR, who was a little perplexed by that, but he got me a credit to make up for the difference.

6. Recluse

Recluse Member

I literally just changed my SR+ order to a LR AWD this morning, and you got me excited haha

yeah, the destination and filing fee, Plus the deposit/order fee are the killers herr

7. DMLou

DMLou Member

I would love it if I could just get the Model 3 to drop by about $200 between now and my delivery date. That way I'd be eligible for a $2500 rebate from my home state... :)

8. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

Try getting a showroom or test demo car and get a little discount on it.

9. DMLou

DMLou Member

No luck with that, at least at my local Tesla delivery center. I tried. :) I even tried seeing if maybe if I buy a bunch of accessories or something if things can be shifted around. No luck. Oh well. :)