TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mistake?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by findmycar, Mar 27, 2009.

1. findmycar

findmycar New Member

#1 findmycar, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    All I have to say about the Model S is WOW! That car is amazing! The lines are exceptional and everything about it I like except the removable battery pack. Are they getting ahead of themselves? What are the benefits of building a vehicle in California vs. Detroit?

2. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

In Detroit they would have to deal with the militant UAW and the 3,000 page union contract.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I believe the removable will go the same way that PBP removable will go. Away.

Arnold offered huge tax breaks to keep Tesla here.

4. DDB

DDB Member

This may have been covered, but did Tesla confirm that the batteries were in fact removable? TEG noted that there are speculators on the Net of PBP's involvement with Tesla, but did Tesla confirm that the batteries are even swapable?

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

It has been said before by Tesla that removable is the intention. However, you are correct in saying it is speculators on the net that are linking this to PBP.