Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MIT Study Shows Tesla Drivers May be More Vigilant than Initially Thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I’ve been saying that since long time ago. That’s why Tesla was able to say with AP engaged accident rates decreases. It’s simple, I pay extra attention with AP engaged since it occasionally tries to kill me and my family. If I wasn’t I wouldn’t be alive.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
This is a great early step in the research of human + machine self-driving interfaces.

Human Side of Tesla Autopilot | MIT

For those of you who may not have tuned in, there was a follow-up podcast between Elon Musk and MIT.

0:00 Introduction 2:35 Start of conversation: Autopilot motivation 4:01 Display the vehicle's perception of the driving scene 7:11 Algorithms, data, and hardware development 10:23 Edge cases and common cases in driving 12:18 Navigate on Autopilot 13:57 Hardware and software path toward fully autonomy 17:08 Driver supervision of Autopilot 20:13 Human side of Tesla Autopilot (driver functional vigilance) 23:13 Driver monitoring 24:30 Operational design domain 26:57 Securing Autopilot against adversarial machine learning 28:29 Narrow AI and artificial general intelligence 30:10 Physics view of love 31:53 First question for an artificial general intelligence system

Reactions: eXntrc