Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mk3 wall charger in stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my name on the wait list for a Mk3 wall charger for about a month now, so today I spoke to the parts guy at my local SC to see if they had one in stock.

He said they're online only, but he could see around 180 in stock somewhere in the country and speculated that I might be in a queue.

I double-checked my emails to make sure I hadn't missed anything, but I hadn't so I went to the Tesla web site and this time I logged into my account before going shopping instead of trying without being logged in and five minutes later I have one on the way.

So if you're after a Mk3 wall charger and you think you're waiting for an "in-stock" email from Tesla, you might want to try and order one right now, you could get lucky.

Yes I tried on Friday but as I'm on a lease I can't purchase via the web. Phoned customer service and they said two options.
1. Speak to my lease company to order one! Ha
2. Talk to a service centre - So phoned my local and had no response. Tried again and managed to get the parts team in Aberdeen (as my local was closed) and he also said they are online only at the moment and it could be a couple of months before service centres get the gen3.
Ridiculous that I can't spend my money with them, so currently looking at the Hypervolt. Not worried about the grant, as we are having building work, so will have an electrician on site anyway.

Yes I tried on Friday but as I'm on a lease I can't purchase via the web. Phoned customer service and they said two options.
1. Speak to my lease company to order one! Ha
2. Talk to a service centre - So phoned my local and had no response. Tried again and managed to get the parts team in Aberdeen (as my local was closed) and he also said they are online only at the moment and it could be a couple of months before service centres get the gen3.
Ridiculous that I can't spend my money with them, so currently looking at the Hypervolt. Not worried about the grant, as we are having building work, so will have an electrician on site anyway.
Do you have to own a vehicle in order to purchase one? Wonder if you can't just create a new account with another email address to purchase it?

Just ordered 1 from the website a couple of days ago. It's still say the old mk2 with 7.3m cable. Ae we getting mk3 or mk2? Very confusing

Mine has just arrived, the shop said "Order the new mk3 wall charger" and the documentation links point to mk3 documents, but there's nothing on the packaging that I can see saying which version. Box is 35x45cm, which I think is the mk3 because I seem to recall the mk2 being much larger.

Yes, the picture on the box matches the design of the mk3 and the part number on this Swiss German site (1529455-02-D) is the same as the one on the box: