Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mmm. Shall I buy one Ford Fiesta or 10 Teslas?

deonb

Mar 4, 2013
Redmond, WA
This is of course a fully loaded Fiesta, but still...

Try it out on the Ford calculator here. Hit configure and add all options :)

Fiesta.png

mikeash

Oct 26, 2014
Fairfax, VA, USA
Nope. Look at the numbers. The Fiesta is over $1,000,000. That's one million dollars. Obviously, it's a bug in the web app. But it's funny!

It's an easter egg, not a bug. In honor of Back to the Future Day, they added a joke option for a Flux Capacitor which costs $1,210,000 to add.

ilg

Some guy on the Internet.
Feb 8, 2013
Maryland
In the OP, it's just rolled into "Options." I guess you have to go to the site to see the joke/egg. Still, I think they got it wrong, though. If they were making reference to "1.21 jigga-Watts," that is 1.21 GW, which is 1.21 billion Watts. Shouldn't the flux capacitor cost $1,210,000,000?

JonathanD

Apr 21, 2014
OC, CA
In the OP, it's just rolled into "Options." I guess you have to go to the site to see the joke/egg. Still, I think they got it wrong, though. If they were making reference to "1.21 jigga-Watts," that is 1.21 GW, which is 1.21 billion Watts. Shouldn't the flux capacitor cost $1,210,000,000?

If you have to ask you can't afford it!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC