Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Access and Tesla Support / Tesla Road Side Assistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

IanM

Jun 15, 2019
Ontario
I am wondering if the Model 3 has Mobile Access switched off can Tesla Support or Road Side Assistance still remotely activate the Drive feature with the 2 minutes to start Driving or is this feature not available until Mobile Access is switched back on? I am particularly concerned about this when Valet Mode is in affect. I know when the Vehicle is in Valet Mode the option to switch Mobile Access back in on is prohibited.

Why are you trying to turn it off?

I am trying to ascertain whether my vehicle could be driven when parked and left in Valet Mode by someone who would not be in possession of either of the Key Cards and would not have had access to a Mobile Phone Key. I know it could also not be remotely started using the Tesla Mobile App when Mobile Access is switch off. But I am wondering if Tesla Support or Road Side Assistance could still some how start the vehicle remotely?

Reason being is I need to ascertain if my car was being driven at a specific time.

I wouldn't normally want Mobile Access to be turned off for various reasons. At the time in question it was off to ensure the vehicle could not be driven.

Thanks

You can solve that with the pin to drive feature, rather than turning off mobile access. What it sounds like you are asking is:

"If someone doesnt have the key cards, and doesnt have phone as key, can they call tesla and get the car started remotely by tesla?"

I dont know the answer to that question, but I would suspect that tesla would want to verify you are on the account for the car before they did any such thing.

No idea what you are after, but I dont think that tesla is just going to remotely start someones car just because someone different calls in asking, unless that someone is also on the account. Just turn on pin to drive and dont give anyone you dont want driving the car the pin.

I am trying to ascertain whether my vehicle could be driven when parked and left in Valet Mode by someone who would not be in possession of either of the Key Cards and would not have had access to a Mobile Phone Key. I know it could also not be remotely started using the Tesla Mobile App when Mobile Access is switch off. But I am wondering if Tesla Support or Road Side Assistance could still some how start the vehicle remotely?

Reason being is I need to ascertain if my car was being driven at a specific time.

I wouldn't normally want Mobile Access to be turned off for various reasons. At the time in question it was off to ensure the vehicle could not be driven.

Thanks

It sounds as if you are asking if someone can drive your car without having a key of any sort. Except for a Service Center, I'd say no.

I'd also question valet service not having a key. Any valet service that I know MUST have the key to move the car around if needed, that's from an liability perspective.