Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Access Disabled....huh???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought my MX into the SC yesterday to fix a FWD sensor issue. The issue was quickly resolved and I (my wife) was on my way within an hour of my arrival. Very happy with the quick turnaround and fixing of the problem.

This morning I noticed that my mobile access on the Tesla app on my iPhone doesn't work. I tried to log off and log back on, but I get this message as seen in this photo.

Any suggestions? Is it possible that the SC accidentally disabled my mobile access?

Attachments

• IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    238.6 KB · Views: 787
I brought my MX into the SC yesterday to fix a FWD sensor issue. The issue was quickly resolved and I (my wife) was on my way within an hour of my arrival. Very happy with the quick turnaround and fixing of the problem.

This morning I noticed that my mobile access on the Tesla app on my iPhone doesn't work. I tried to log off and log back on, but I get this message as seen in this photo.

Any suggestions? Is it possible that the SC accidentally disabled my mobile access?

They probably just forgot to turn it back on after disabling it for the service duration.

You can turn it back on from the touchscreen settings, most likely.

Reactions: kort677

Did you get an email from the SC indicating the issue had been resolved? I believe that normally when they close out the issue an the email is sent and it automatically re-enables mobile access.

They didn't accidentally disable mobile access, they purposefully disabled mobile access. That's standard procedure at the service centers ever since some owners (apparently with more money than sense) thought it would be fun to honk the horn, etc. while the car was being serviced.

Yeah, the accident was forgetting to turn it on.

I've had a service visit when they came with me to the outside, when I was picking up the car, to turn it on from the menu.

Op - it may still be enabled on the car. As @boaterva mentioned above, it’s also been said to be tied to service tickets.

Some have complained of the same problem and it turned out their ticket was not closed. If it is enabled in the car, your going to have to give them a call.

They probably just forgot to turn it back on after disabling it for the service duration.
What @AnxietyRanger said except that you can't turn it back on from the car. Tesla has to turn it back on in their system. I had the exact same thing happen after a Ranger visit and repair at my house. They simply forgot to close out the work order. One phone call and I was back in business. The setting was "On" in the car. The service disconnect overrides the car's setting.

What @AnxietyRanger said except that you can't turn it back on from the car. Tesla has to turn it back on in their system. I had the exact same thing happen after a Ranger visit and repair at my house. They simply forgot to close out the work order. One phone call and I was back in business. The setting was "On" in the car. The service disconnect overrides the car's setting.

Yeah, this has happened too. However, in my case they actually used the menu. So I guess it could happen both ways...

Op - it may still be enabled on the car. As @boaterva mentioned above, it’s also been said to be tied to service tickets.

Some have complained of the same problem and it turned out their ticket was not closed. If it is enabled in the car, your going to have to give them a call.
Glad to hear it's automated... what's weird then is that sometimes it's not. WTF... Tesla is so inconsistent sometimes!