TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Mobile Access Disabled....huh???

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Polar993, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Polar993

Polar993 Member

I brought my MX into the SC yesterday to fix a FWD sensor issue. The issue was quickly resolved and I (my wife) was on my way within an hour of my arrival. Very happy with the quick turnaround and fixing of the problem.

This morning I noticed that my mobile access on the Tesla app on my iPhone doesn't work. I tried to log off and log back on, but I get this message as seen in this photo.

Any suggestions? Is it possible that the SC accidentally disabled my mobile access?

Attached Files:

2. Xtek

Xtek Member

This is controlled in the settings of the car. I forget what menu but you can re-enabled it easily in the car.

3. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

They probably just forgot to turn it back on after disabling it for the service duration.

You can turn it back on from the touchscreen settings, most likely.

• Like x 1
  4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

Did you get an email from the SC indicating the issue had been resolved? I believe that normally when they close out the issue an the email is sent and it automatically re-enables mobile access.

5. jajabor

jajabor Member

At least your phone's battery has 98% charge. Lol..
    It's an easy fix... Controls > Settings > Safety & Security > Mobile Access > On

• Informative x 1
  6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

They didn't accidentally disable mobile access, they purposefully disabled mobile access. That's standard procedure at the service centers ever since some owners (apparently with more money than sense) thought it would be fun to honk the horn, etc. while the car was being serviced.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  7. Polar993

Polar993 Member

LOL! Okay, totally makes sense! I'm at work now so when I get back to the car, I'll go through the settings pages and get my mobile access turned back on.

Thanks so much guys!

8. AnxietyRanger

Yeah, the accident was forgetting to turn it on.

I've had a service visit when they came with me to the outside, when I was picking up the car, to turn it on from the menu.

9. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Hm, I thought this was more automatic, from 'service mode', like the service order using Tesla Service wifi to load a new firmware release. Guess I was thinking they were more organized than reality! Turning it off and on by hand? How quaint!

10. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Op - it may still be enabled on the car. As @boaterva mentioned above, it’s also been said to be tied to service tickets.

Some have complained of the same problem and it turned out their ticket was not closed. If it is enabled in the car, your going to have to give them a call.

11. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

What @AnxietyRanger said except that you can't turn it back on from the car. Tesla has to turn it back on in their system. I had the exact same thing happen after a Ranger visit and repair at my house. They simply forgot to close out the work order. One phone call and I was back in business. The setting was "On" in the car. The service disconnect overrides the car's setting.

12. AnxietyRanger

Yeah, this has happened too. However, in my case they actually used the menu. So I guess it could happen both ways...

13. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Good info...thanks.

• Like x 1
  14. Polar993

Polar993 Member

Okay, I'll check out the settings in the car when I get back to it tonight, and if turning the setting ON doesn't give me mobile access, I'll give the SC a call in the morning.

Thanks again!

15. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Glad to hear it's automated... what's weird then is that sometimes it's not. WTF... Tesla is so inconsistent sometimes!

16. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Had mine in for two year annual service and the same thing happened. Reenabling it using your method resolved the issue, thanks!