Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile access Disappeared my first night????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 disappears from my Tesla account... On my first day. I even got a notice in the app that it had been removed. With no reason tho... More disconcerting tho is that my model 3 disappeared from my Tesla online account , still looks like a reservation. I called Tesla, they said this is "normal" and that it will be back in 48 hrs... Gee, great, paid almost 80k for a car with missing parts and no cellular access. Anyone else have this problem???

Many of us experienced this as well, myself included. The way I understand it is that Tesla gives you temporary access when you take delivery to connect your phone to show you how phone as key works and to make sure it works in the first place. At that point you are still not considered the owner of the car in Tesla’s system. If you are designated the owner in Tesla’s system fairly quickly then you may not notice any temporary hiccup in access from the phone. But if whatever they need to do on their end takes a little while then you will have a period of time where you don’t have access from your phone. When this happened to me I first noticed it a few hours after I took delivery but my access was restored just a few hours later.

Tesla really needs to do a better job of warning people about this during delivery or better yet figure out how to change their backend processes so that it doesn’t happen in the first place.

Many of us experienced this as well, myself included. The way I understand it is that Tesla gives you temporary access when you take delivery to connect your phone to show you how phone as key works and to make sure it works in the first place. At that point you are still not considered the owner of the car in Tesla’s system. If you are designated the owner in Tesla’s system fairly quickly then you may not notice any temporary hiccup in access from the phone. But if whatever they need to do on their end takes a little while then you will have a period of time where you don’t have access from your phone. When this happened to me I first noticed it a few hours after I took delivery but my access was restored just a few hours later.

Tesla really needs to do a better job of warning people about this during delivery or better yet figure out how to change their backend processes so that it doesn’t happen in the first place.
It is the fact that I wasn't notified of it that made it worse, but also that model 3 has no key fob unlike S and X.

Same thing happened to me. Worked great when it was there and then it was yanked after a day. There should be a disclaimer that the app access would be taken off temporarily. It’s a safety issue.
No it’s not a safety issue. I understand you’re upset about this glitch, but it’s a bit of hyperbole to call losing access to the mobile app a safety issue.

This happened to me today. The car was delivered Wednesday (4 days ago) and I had access then (not sure if the delivery guy did something or not.)

I paid by personal check so perhaps that caused a delay. I'll wait a day or so before calling.

Not sure if it is related but I noticed my phone had gone into low power mode. Wonder if the removal somehow made the phone not sleep.