Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app 3.10.0, Homelink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
872E375B-FE1A-49A9-892C-92B31AB7DCE0.png
Here is a screen shot of the Homelink button in the app. I do have Summon, so maybe it is related to the Homelink being available in the app.

View attachment 462171

Just wondering if my App v. 3.10.0 is different - not even a button to open the trunk (just frunk). Would like to have Homelink... Odd to not be included since option on most cars nowadays.

View attachment 463342

Just wondering if my App v. 3.0.0 is different - not even a button to open the trunk (just frunk). Would like to have Homelink... Odd to not be included since option on most cars nowadays.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Homelink was always available - initiated from the vehicle screen. This latest change is adding Homelink to the Tesla app.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but Homelink was always available - initiated from the vehicle screen. This latest change is adding Homelink to the Tesla app.

Yes, the latest change is to the phone app. It seems it was added to the phone app so those folks with Summon could open their garage door, pull the car out and then close the garage door...all while being outside the car. If that is the case, then I can see why Tesla only has Homelink button in app for those with Summon option. However, it would be nice for the app button to be available to all that have the Homelink in their car.

Sure would be nice to get the Homelink button on the App. I'd love to be able to open the garage from the outside without having to carry a separate opener! My M3 LR AWD has Homelink built in, love the feature, so why on the screen in the car and not on the App? Can't see the logic in only making this available under FSD: I'd love to buy that - but can't justify (nor cough up!) $6k :) Maybe Tesla will offer a Black Friday FSD sale? Yeah right....

Reactions: UnicornDriver
In the v10 release notes on my 2014 S60 without AP, it said HomeLink could be used from v3.10.0 of the app. I have that version and like many others here, the option doesn't appear in the app.

I had been thinking about that feature months before I found out about it in the release notes. I moved into a rental house earlier in the year and my mower (Ryobi electric rider) shares the garage with my car. I take it out the back manual garage and drop the door down so I'm not throwing stuff at my car. The thought occasionally crosses my mind that if that garage ever got stuck and I couldn't open it back up, I wouldn't have a way in unless I remembered to unlock a door or take the house key. The landlord kept the garage opener after I programmed the car and I haven't bothered to ask him for it since I haven't actually needed it.

Being able to open the garage from my phone would be the perfect backup since I always have my phone on me anyway. Another potential use may be to let guests in when I can't immediately get to the door. Most likely, I'd just be showing it off as I do with so many of the other features.

Reactions: AlasCon
In the v10 release notes on my 2014 S60 without AP, it said HomeLink could be used from v3.10.0 of the app. I have that version and like many others here, the option doesn't appear in the app.

I had been thinking about that feature months before I found out about it in the release notes. I moved into a rental house earlier in the year and my mower (Ryobi electric rider) shares the garage with my car. I take it out the back manual garage and drop the door down so I'm not throwing stuff at my car. The thought occasionally crosses my mind that if that garage ever got stuck and I couldn't open it back up, I wouldn't have a way in unless I remembered to unlock a door or take the house key. The landlord kept the garage opener after I programmed the car and I haven't bothered to ask him for it since I haven't actually needed it.

Being able to open the garage from my phone would be the perfect backup since I always have my phone on me anyway. Another potential use may be to let guests in when I can't immediately get to the door. Most likely, I'd just be showing it off as I do with so many of the other features.

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-Opener-Chamberlain-MYQ-G0301/dp/B075H7Z5L8

• Disagree
Reactions: Scott7
Reactions: Scott7
Yes, the latest change is to the phone app. It seems it was added to the phone app so those folks with Summon could open their garage door, pull the car out and then close the garage door...all while being outside the car. If that is the case, then I can see why Tesla only has Homelink button in app for those with Summon option. However, it would be nice for the app button to be available to all that have the Homelink in their car.
Homelink in the app is *not* new. It's been available in the summon screen for months. It was just moved to the controls screen instead.

Maybe it's a setting on your main screen in the homelink settings. I remember being in those a while back and there was a setting do you have my car open my garage door automatically as I approached maybe there's another checkbox that's been added in that menu to enable homelink to be activated remotely with another device I'm not at my car right now or I would check but I like many do not have the button in the app but it may be like enabling remote access or something that has to be enabled in the car.