Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App and Service Requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm maybe having a senior moment but I can't for the life of me seem to be able to create a service request if I have one already in place. (I have a mobile one scheduled and wish to book another for something completely unrelated). I can't see that this is possible and don't want to risk editing the one already in place and risk losing appointment or something.

Additionally, is it possible to request roadside assistance from within the app? (A bloke down pub said it was :p ) but similarly, I dont see this as an option, yet on a couple of YouTube videos I've see a menu item/link for this but certainy not on my app, which is latest version.

You cant normally have more than one service request open at once - the exception is if Tesla open a request on your behalf, eg after a breakdown when there is a already an existing service request and iirc, they both will merge into one request even if they are treated separately. A right royal PITA especially as it sometimes takes a while for the service requests to be cleared down after the work is complete. I usually save my minor concerns up then when something more important arises, lump them into that and get them all done together.

Not many items can be handled by mobile ranger at home, and I assume the same is true of ranger at supercharger sites, another option. What can and cannot seems to be dictated by category, and for some by location, and as you have found, adding just one item of a non mobile category on the request will blow the choice of ranger, even if previously arranged. But recently its not been so much of an issue compared with early ownership when repairs took literally months to organise as the work still gets done in the end when the car still will have needed to go into a service centre, so no additional journey needed, just maybe a little later.