Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app: can't read message from service after cancelled appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting this for visibility more than anything else: the new in-app service messaging system is great, but it has a functionality gap: when a service appointment gets cancelled or rescheduled without a firm date date and the service team sends an in-app message, there's nowhere to read it. Normally the message would show up in the appointment details, but since there's no more appointment, it just leaves a perpetual notification on the home screen in the app. Potentially important info - like a request to reschedule at a service center, for example - will not reach the owner.

Example: I had a mobile service appointment scheduled for later today that got postponed because a part did not arrive. I have an unread message from service about it:

lMaK722.png

But no place to read it:
qajeddG.png

Now, I managed to get the message contents from a friend who works for Tesla service and it wasn't anything important, but it could have easily been. Somewhere out there, a PO needs to get an earful.

I had the same issue last week as well. They're clearly working through issues since transferring the service communication from txt to in app messaging.

Hoping the overall service experience and communication become a focus of improvement soon. It's generally not a great experience...and if not fixed will continue to get worse just based on the fact the sales volume is increasing so rapidly.

Hoping the overall service experience and communication become a focus of improvement soon.

Haha we've been hoping for that for years, yet so far things have been moving the other way. I used to tell myself that I just need to give Tesla a bit more time to figure out the teething problems. Now I am not sure there's any will to actually solve them. Focus seems to be exclusively on cost cutting and sales numbers. Appointment and parts lead times of multiple weeks are normal, service good will has been replaced by the constant need to fight for every fix, and service staff do not hesitate to lie when they don't have much to say. So much for "making service great for everyone."

Just reported the same issue to customer service last week. The more the merrier.

Another issue is you can schedule a service appointment from the app, but it disappears as soon as the car is ready for pickup if you're not a primary owner of the car (e.g. Tesla only recognized one owner, even if both spouses are on the title). So there's no way to view the final invoice or see their outstanding messages. And you're stuck with "You have unread messages" for a few weeks, until it randomly clears.

This just happened to me yesterday. I didn't know it was cancelled / rescheduled due to parts required for installation. I showed up at the service centre and they told me about it. Good thing the service centre is only 13 mins away from me.