Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App - Contacting car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've been able to use the mobile app just fine and my car is currently being wrapped with paint protection film. I've been able to track the car and see the charge status and everything until a few hours ago. Right now all I'm getting is "Contacting car... May take a few minutes." Anyone else getting this error? Nothing has changed for me, car was already updated to 4.4 and was working fine and the app hasn't changed.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it's always nice to make sure the car is doing what it's supposed to be doing.

Then I'd try rebooting your screens in the car. If not working I'd call service.

Also it was mentioned earlier that you can't now have any special characters in your password.

Yeah you can't have special characters, but I didn't have any problems till yesterday (so no new versions of either software). I called Tesla Service and they said that other people have had similar problems and most likely it is a problem on Tesla's end. They said there may be some server issues.

Anyone else experiencing a problem?

Yeah you can't have special characters, but I didn't have any problems till yesterday (so no new versions of either software). I called Tesla Service and they said that other people have had similar problems and most likely it is a problem on Tesla's end. They said there may be some server issues.

Anyone else experiencing a problem?

I have special characters in my password (~1/2 of them actually) and I have no problems logging in and out with the mobile app. I use ahimberg's unofficial WindowsPhone app though and everything works just fine. I did have to use my email, and not my username to get it to work properly. And as far as I know my wife's android app still works, and her iPad app too. But I don't think the android and iPhone apps have been updated at all.

I am not having any problems today. However, in my garage at home I have sketchy 3G service (1 to no bars depending on weather, time of day etc.). If I try to use the app and it fails to connect to the car, the only way I have been able to reconnect is to reboot the center console, the next time I am in a good 3G service area, after that all is good.

I also *used* to have special characters in my password. When I deleted the original app and reinstalled, I had to change my password to get it to connect again (iPhone version). Went through the same thing with my wife's phone and ipad as well. The issue has not come up for me since installing 4.4 yesterday. It did occur with 4.2 and 4.3. I am looking into a cell phone repeater for the garage, yet patiently waiting for WIFI...

Perhaps when they took it inside for the wrap, the cell service dropped?