Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App controls - unlock, frunk, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys! I got my HW3 upgrade from HW2.0 last week and upgraded MCU1 to MCU2. This reset everything in the car and deleted my driver profiles. Now, I cant seem to get the controls within the app to work (unlock, open frunk, open trunk, etc.). I have the "mobile access" turned on within the car's settings. Is there another setting I am overlooking to get this to work again? I appreciate the guidance!!!

Hey, I'm in the same boat! I just got my car back yesterday with the MCU2 and HW3 upgrade so I was going to wait until the weekend to try out resetting, reinstalling app, etc. So far it seems the app control can only lock, but nothing else seems to work. If it still persists past the weekend, I'm gonna ask Service.

As an aside, MCU2 is LOADS better than MCU1. Plus, I don't feel as left out anymore with all the new updates! I love that we get an computer upgrade option rather than a shady dealer trying to get me to trade in for a new car.

Reactions: E Dizzle
Had this problem with my S, not from MCU upgrades just something that happened. I contacted service, told them that I could use the app for things like climate control but everything else didn’t work, even though the app said it did (unlock, open trunk/frunk). They did some digging and apparently it’s a software glitch so they pushed 2 updates and that fixed the problem. Oh I also had an issue where the user manuals was blank, had the structure but no content, one of the updates fixed that too.

so give them a call and see if they can push the fix through for you :)

• Helpful
Reactions: E Dizzle
on my new LR+, I can control my app to lock and unlock the car and other things as well but when I want to drive it, it still requires the key fob. Is this correct? Thx
You can use the app and iPhone to drive without a FOB. Choose the middle icon with the set of keys in the circle - "keyless driving". Once authenticated, gives you like a minute to start driving - no FOB needed.

Reactions: posey_mvp
I had this same problem after my MCU2 upgrade. I called customer service to see if they could help me. They were clueless and kept thinking I was asking them to update firmware in some sense.

I scheduled soonest appointment I could and when they finally check the notes, they just fix remotely way before your appointment time.

I mentioned on the upgrade forum for everyone to check mobile app functionality after upgrade because looks like issue with even an MCU1 replacement.