TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mobile App feature requests

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by scaesare, May 30, 2013.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

#1 scaesare, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    While there is a thread dedicated to car firmware feature requests, there doesn't seem to be one regarding mobile app feature requests (just a thread discussing general features/issues with the apps).

A few features we'd like to see:

1. Update charging UI to match new car firmware v4.5 "percentage" slider
    2. Ability to close all windows in addition to roof vent (emergency rain situation). And see status of windows.
    3. Supercharger location/routing
    4. Browser bookmark sync (I see cool Tesla-specific apps here could be pushed to car)
    5. Send Google map data to car/nav
    6. Reminder for scheduled cooling/heating
    7. Live video/snapshot from car rear-view camera
    8. "Vent all windows" setting (expansion of #2 above)
    9. Notification of car movement once parked
    10. Notification of charging complete (3 votes)
    11. Key fob over-ride (password protected) to allow car to drive in event of fob loss (2 votes)
    12. Car telemetrics download (Energy usage, distances, routes. etc...)

That's all I've mulled over thus far... feel free to add. I just ask we keep the thread focused, app requests or bug-reports only. Thanks.

ON EDIT: I've compiled the (reasonable :smile:) suggestions and made it a group list so we can have them all referenced in one place. I'll try to do this as long as new suggestions are being added. Updated as of 5/31/2013 10:27AM EST - POST #12

2. elreydetodo

elreydetodo #14,427

Would be nice to send map data (addresses that link to google maps currently) directly to your car nav unit. Many android apps now have the sens of "sharing" and offer different things to share with. Why not make one of them your Model S?

3. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

schedule a cooling reminder.... example, set for 3PM, the app comes up with an alert on your phone asking you if you would like to pre-cool the car....

allow you to view live video or a snap shot from the rear view camera....

4. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

^^This. And the ability to "vent windows" similar to "vent pano" function - you get better cross ventilation this way.

Other suggestions are excellent.

5. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Notification if car is being played with or moved....think valets!

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Notification when your charge is done, or close to being done.

7. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

Definitely needed. Chargepoint texts you when your car stops drawing power. Such an alert would be very useful at Superchargers, to get cars out and chargers freed up as quickly as possible.

8. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

#8 spatterso911, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013
    +1.

9. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Remote controll "app in app" from which you can turn the car on and drive it in reverse, guided by a live feed from the back-up camera, using a virtual steering wheel on the phone screen. Speed should be limited to 10 mph for safety. :smile:

10. Electric Machete

Enable ability to drive the car without a key present. If you lose the key while you are away from home it would be quite helpful. Perhaps password protected.

11. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

^^^This for sure.

12. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Thought of another: ability to download telemetrics (KWh usage, trip meter, distances driven, etc...) for consumption/analysis in a spreadsheet or elsewhere. This might be better done frm a PC rather than a mobile app.. .but I suspect the interfaces would be similar.

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'll publish the (C#) source to my REST app at some point probably. You're welcome to use that.

14. dave

dave Member

Fix the bug where the app crashes and has to be manually killed on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (and other Android models)!

I reported this right after it came out, and no fixes yet. :(

15. znino

znino Member

Notification received on phone if charging is interrupted. If you have the car charging, for example, at a hotel or a campground, and a fuse blows or charging gets interrupted for any reason it is critical for you to know about it asap and go fix the situation. Waking up the next day expecting a full charge and not having it is no fun thing.

16. Panacea

Panacea TSLA Shareholder/Believer

Change scheduled charging time.

17. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Also, I would expect more here. From the mobile app I should be able to see status (are the chargers live?) and current availablity (how many slots are taken?).

Considering the recent Harris Ranch power failure, status is equally if not more important.

18. Stimyg

Stimyg Member

I'd LOVE the ability to "reset" a charging session and reset the maximum attempted amperage at a given location, via the app. (Ie, if the charge session has a dip in voltage for a moment, the car seems to lower the amperage it attempts to charge at. This happens sometimes when my car is parked in its public parking garage. Its a huge hassle for me to go down and have the valets take me downstairs so I can unplug, reset the amperage, then plug it all back in. And if I keep doing it they'll get tired of the hassle too and kick me out of the garage. So just give me the ability to reset it all via the app and I'm all good.)

19. NotMandatory

NotMandatory Member

I'm 6'2. My wife is 5'5". I'd really like to use the app to tell the car to switch from her driving profile to mine...so I can actually get in the car without having to manually move the driver's seat back.

20. stsanford

stsanford Member

+1 Definitely... had to walk around to passenger side and change from there...