Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App feature requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
While there is a thread dedicated to car firmware feature requests, there doesn't seem to be one regarding mobile app feature requests (just a thread discussing general features/issues with the apps).

A few features we'd like to see:

1. Update charging UI to match new car firmware v4.5 "percentage" slider
  2. Ability to close all windows in addition to roof vent (emergency rain situation). And see status of windows.
  3. Supercharger location/routing
  4. Browser bookmark sync (I see cool Tesla-specific apps here could be pushed to car)
  5. Send Google map data to car/nav
  6. Reminder for scheduled cooling/heating
  7. Live video/snapshot from car rear-view camera
  8. "Vent all windows" setting (expansion of #2 above)
  9. Notification of car movement once parked
  10. Notification of charging complete (3 votes)
  11. Key fob over-ride (password protected) to allow car to drive in event of fob loss (2 votes)
  12. Car telemetrics download (Energy usage, distances, routes. etc...)

That's all I've mulled over thus far... feel free to add. I just ask we keep the thread focused, app requests or bug-reports only. Thanks.

ON EDIT: I've compiled the (reasonable :smile:) suggestions and made it a group list so we can have them all referenced in one place. I'll try to do this as long as new suggestions are being added. Updated as of 5/31/2013 10:27AM EST - POST #12

Last edited:
Would be nice to send map data (addresses that link to google maps currently) directly to your car nav unit. Many android apps now have the sens of "sharing" and offer different things to share with. Why not make one of them your Model S?

schedule a cooling reminder.... example, set for 3PM, the app comes up with an alert on your phone asking you if you would like to pre-cool the car....

allow you to view live video or a snap shot from the rear view camera....

Remote controll "app in app" from which you can turn the car on and drive it in reverse, guided by a live feed from the back-up camera, using a virtual steering wheel on the phone screen. Speed should be limited to 10 mph for safety. :smile:

Thought of another: ability to download telemetrics (KWh usage, trip meter, distances driven, etc...) for consumption/analysis in a spreadsheet or elsewhere. This might be better done frm a PC rather than a mobile app.. .but I suspect the interfaces would be similar.

Thought of another: ability to download telemetrics (KWh usage, trip meter, distances driven, etc...) for consumption/analysis in a spreadsheet or elsewhere. This might be better done frm a PC rather than a mobile app.. .but I suspect the interfaces would be similar.
I'll publish the (C#) source to my REST app at some point probably. You're welcome to use that.

Notification received on phone if charging is interrupted. If you have the car charging, for example, at a hotel or a campground, and a fuse blows or charging gets interrupted for any reason it is critical for you to know about it asap and go fix the situation. Waking up the next day expecting a full charge and not having it is no fun thing.

I'd LOVE the ability to "reset" a charging session and reset the maximum attempted amperage at a given location, via the app. (Ie, if the charge session has a dip in voltage for a moment, the car seems to lower the amperage it attempts to charge at. This happens sometimes when my car is parked in its public parking garage. Its a huge hassle for me to go down and have the valets take me downstairs so I can unplug, reset the amperage, then plug it all back in. And if I keep doing it they'll get tired of the hassle too and kick me out of the garage. So just give me the ability to reset it all via the app and I'm all good.)