Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be a background app refresh issue i swear. I have issues with both this and Yale Auto-Unlock on the house (same concept, bluetooth lock with the app behind the scenes)

With both the car and the house, if you open the app/leave the app open but minimised it all works faultlessly
I can have the app open and it still doesn't work on mine, when it's chosen not to work. Other times it works fine even with the app closed.

Tried deleting the phone and re-connecting it, but still inconsistent performance. Suspect I may have to refer mine to the SC.

Sorry, can I ask my question again? In your house are you the sole driver of your Tesla or does anyone else use their phone as a key?
2 of us but I have stopped their profile from auto-updating because whenever they sat in the passenger seat it would be the controlling profile and it drive me crazy. Apparently that’s been fixed but I haven’t had chance to test it.

Reactions: Katic1972
How do you know ?
I dropped her off, drove away and about 10 seconds later my music stopped playing (it was coming from my phone, which of course is now no longer in the car). Then the car popped up a message telling me that walk away lock was not available. Then the penny dropped... So, I picked up her phone and rang my phone. She'd already realised, so I turned the car around and went back to her.