Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderation comment - post merged

I have just updated the Tesla iPhone app to 4.4.0 and have now noticed that the distance on the battery range has randomly changed from miles to kilometres - has anyone else had this? It’s annoying as I’m going to have to go out and change it on the car! Presumably this has changed the setting on my car…(?) but why?

Last edited by a moderator:
The widget shows miles left the app KM, as mentioned by someone on this thread changing iOS language to US English rectifies the app issue. Have to wonder how these updates are verified before release.
Before I load the update, I take it that after changing your iPhone to us english and the app shows miles, that if you then change the iPhone back to British English the app remains on miles and doesn’t return to Km’s?

If not I’ll wait for the update.

Doesn't on mine?
Have you downloaded the app that was available overnight ?
IMG_1788.jpeg
IMG_1786.jpeg

?? Overnight
I didn't get anything last night it was the night before.
When I say it doesn't on mine, I'm showing Km / % but language change in IOS doesn't change it to miles.
OK sorry, mine changed to miles on the app when I set Language & Region on my iPhone settings to United States, if you change just Region you can keep UK English as the default language.

Reactions: Simonix
Moderation comment - merged with a thread already discussing

Hi Everyone,

So an interesting issue has materialised in my app, I've hunted around but I can't find anyone with the same issue. Yesterday my Tesla app connected to my new Model 3 SR+ switched itself into Kilometers and now won't seem to switch back?

I can toggle between Km/Percent and the milage of the car shows in Km - I've had the car since Saturday and it was correct up until yesterday morning. The car is set in Miles and shows everything in Miles on the big screen.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change between units on the App?

Last edited by a moderator:
See one post down

I'm on Android and since a few days ago the app switched to displaying temperatures in farenheit. Anyone else seen this? I've checked the car is still in Celsius and tried toggling it, I've logged out and reinstalled the app. I'm assuming it's related to this miles/kilometres bug although mine is still in miles... Or am I being stupid and this is a setting somewhere?

So the iOS app itself is showing range in km, but I also pinned a widget and that shows the range in miles. In car is all still for me (set to miles, showing miles etc). Just the app that's borked.

I'm on Android and since a few days ago the app switched to displaying temperatures in farenheit. Anyone else seen this? I've checked the car is still in Celsius and tried toggling it, I've logged out and reinstalled the app. I'm assuming it's related to this miles/kilometres bug although mine is still in miles... Or am I being stupid and this is a setting somewhere?
Mine has too. Haven’t looked into changing it. I was brought up on degrees F :D