Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderation comment - thread renamed to include general 4.4 discussion from "Mobile app 4.4.0 gone metric?"

Since updating to 4.4.0 my mobile app (iOS) seems to have decided to show stuff in kilometres rather than miles (so range and last charging session for example). Anyone else seeing the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same issue here having just updated the app this morning, showing the odometer in Km instead of miles. Not had chance to check the car yet but I’m wondering if it’s a bug linked to British English? Might try changing the language to see if that has any effect but I’m probably clutching at straws.

In all seriousness, if there are bugs, then I will hold off updating the app for now.

Are there any noticeable improvements with the update @Bobly ?
Not sure if this came with this update but if you tap the battery icon it opens the charge menu, and if you tap the remaining range, it toggles between % and (now) km.

Also I can now manage cabin overheat protection in the app, which I couldn't do before this update.

The location menu now has a 'nearby chargers' tab.

That's all I could find.

EDIT: I noticed that the app now shows the real SoC rather than the available or cold SoC. So my car shows 35% but my app shows 37%. These are the figures in TeslaMate too:

1639472827194.png

Last edited:
Updated the IOS app a few hours ago now it shows miles instead of KM :eek:
Not a big deal since I am always on % display but when I check on how fast my wife is driving it will show in Miles - and it forces me to do some calculations, @tesla please fix this...
Meanwhile, can someone please quick convert me 140/mph to kph 🤣

Updated the IOS app a few hours ago now it shows miles instead of KM :eek:
Not a big deal since I am always on % display but when I check on how fast my wife is driving it will show in Miles - and it forces me to do some calculations, @tesla please fix this...
Meanwhile, can someone please quick convert me 140/mph to kph 🤣
Just tell her conversion rate is 1:1 :D

Not sure if this came with this update but if you tap the battery icon it opens the charge menu, and if you tap the remaining range, it toggles between % and (now) km.

The %/range toggle is definitely new, I've been wondering why you could only do that in the car and not in the app since it had the facelift and I've tried that on every new version.

I do think that they've started to put a decent amount of focus on the app at last though, it felt like there were almost no updates for a year and now we seem to have something every week or so. Mind you, some better testing wouldn't go amiss.

I think they've changed the reported charge level for consistency across the app. If you set the charge limit to 80% in cold weather it would say 79% or maybe even 78% in the app despite popping up an alert that the charge to 80% was complete so now it should report the 80% that you asked for.

Reactions: doats1