Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how to change the app to miles ? I can't seem to work it out, can change the top part to percentage but cannot work out how I change this to miles !!

Its a bug in latest version of app. If you can live with it then it should be fixed, but region settings on phone as above is an alternative, or as many people do, use % for charge setting as even with miles its not an exact number of range. The widget apparently shows miles though, but you cant set charge limit in that.

One thing I’ve noticed is that charge complete notifications are slightly out.
notification said 236 miles. Car is at 239 (81%) I set 80%!
charge limit says 379km. Car is at 384km. (Until the app bug is squashed)
temperature in the garage is lower this morning than when the charge completed

A little annoying but probably the push I needed to try out using % instead of miles in the car (and app now).
But I don't think changing the in car display to % changes the odometer display in the App. It is a bug and hopefully there is a fix coming. The easiest fix at the moment looks like what @Simonix has suggested. Will wait for Tesla to fix it. My guess is I think again our across the pond friends assumed we follow Kms like Europe and the new millennial generation developers knowledge :(

But I don't think changing the in car display to % changes the odometer display in the App. It is a bug and hopefully there is a fix coming. The easiest fix at the moment looks like what @Simonix has suggested. Will wait for Tesla to fix it. My guess is I think again our across the pond friends assumed we follow Kms like Europe and the new millennial generation developers knowledge :(
Correct they are separate settings, but I've changed both to %. As I didn't want one in miles and one in km.

I am gonna try out % until its fixed and see how I get on with it. So far I hate it but I think that's just because I am not used to it.

Correct they are separate settings, but I've changed both to %. As I didn't want one in miles and one in km.

I am gonna try out % until its fixed and see how I get on with it. So far I hate it but I think that's just because I am not used to it.
But still the odometer readings (at the bottom of the app) is only in Kms. The only interest of this for me is to keep an eye on my total mileage that is allowed by the lease company. It is in Kms now and I am not happy that I have to do conversion or I rely on @Simonix suggestion. The only downside in changing the location is all the google search brings US sites and it is a pain.

But still the odometer readings (at the bottom of the app) is only in Kms. The only interest of this for me is to keep an eye on my total mileage that is allowed by the lease company. It is in Kms now and I am not happy that I have to do conversion or I rely on @Simonix suggestion. The only downside in changing the location is all the google search brings US sites and it is a pain.

My phone still finds Uk sites on google searches?

Google app is set to use “your current location”.

Make sure your location services are up to date on phone settings, this should help with any side effects of the region change.

Reactions: spdpsba
Happily app version 4.4-810 has at least squashed at least one bug to my knowledge (despite introducing the kilometres issue). On the last version when the car was being offered 32 amps from my charge point the app would knock it down to 31 amps. This was a real, if small, reduction as I can see what the charge point is delivering in real time on its own app. Though I could manually change the amps back up to 32 on the Tesla app it often wouldn't stick for very long and certainly after the charge rate would revert to 31 amps. With version 4.4 this aberrant behaviour has been cured.