Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if that last one is temperature related? I've noticed the same thing, but Teslamate reports the SOC as 80% and usable battery as 79% - which I'd expect to match if it was a little warmer out; I'm assuming the app is reporting usable battery, but IIRC the charge always goes to SOC.
You may be onto something with this, I tested last night and if I changed to 86% it started charging, when I dropped back down to 85% it stopped charging despite displaying 84% in the app.

Would have been nice if they had have left it so you don’t get confused by the fact you asked for 85% and got 84%… or at least told us they were changing it because before it always was what I asked for, despite the weather
Charging heats the battery, so some cooling afterwards could well make a 1% (or <1% if it's rounded) difference.
I would expect it to then see that it had lost that 1% and start charging again to regain it though. I originally thought “oh maybe it dropped 1% since the charge ended” but the fact that the charge ended with 2 hours left in the schedule at -1% of what I asked for kind of disproves this. If I woke up to -1% I wouldn’t have thought twice about it, but it’s the fact the notification said it ended with 1% under what my limit is set to

It did for me for the past 6 months on an iPhone SE 2020, but has recently failed almost once every day. I have to re-start bluetooth on the phone to wake it up when it does fail. All appropriate permissions enabled etc, but still lets me down whenever my hands are full or its raining.

I've got an SE 2020 too and thankfully no issues other than that it prefers to be in a front pocket ... it's never actually failed to open the car.

I've got an SE 2020 too and thankfully no issues other than that it prefers to be in a front pocket ... it's never actually failed to open the car.
I can't fathom it because until about 3 weeks ago it was faultless.

Happened again today - just after the new update and revised app both being installed. Car had been asleep for 16 hours prior but equally has failed while out and about. No consistency about what brings about the failure, other than it only seems to happen once on any given day, and not always the first time I unlock the car.

I can't fathom it because until about 3 weeks ago it was faultless.

Happened again today - just after the new update and revised app both being installed. Car had been asleep for 16 hours prior but equally has failed while out and about. No consistency about what brings about the failure, other than it only seems to happen once on any given day, and not always the first time I unlock the car.
Seems to be a background app refresh issue i swear. I have issues with both this and Yale Auto-Unlock on the house (same concept, bluetooth lock with the app behind the scenes)

With both the car and the house, if you open the app/leave the app open but minimised it all works faultlessly