TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mobile app.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Dborn, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

When supercharging, the app provides notification of commencement and completion time on the iPhone. I have a 4S. However, I do not get an audible tone., as I do with say MESSAGES.
    Has anybody got audible? If so how? The app does not have the option in settings which is there for other programs such as Waze or messages.
    If not, Tesla needs to program that in as a feature of the app.
    Should be easy.

2. oystero

oystero Member

The sound option is also not on my phone (iOS8) (settings->notification->Model S). Looks like they have disabled the feature for the time being

3. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

See my thread here:
    Should my iOS app make sounds too?

Same issues.

Spoke last night with Tesla Tech Support. They said it should work, and def works on iOS 7 or earlier and pre-iPhone-6 devices. The guy on the phone wasn't sure what the issue was-- but claimed he would flow this feedback up stream to get it resolved ASAP. For the moment you are right that some of us are missing audible alerts with the app.

4. Mark E

Mark E Member

Same here - always silent. Not a biggie but would be nice sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future when there are superchargers that are worthwhile using. Living in Sydney and not next to a SC largely negates their usefulness to me - I'm not driving 20 km out of my way and waiting for less than $4 in savings.