Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Ceramic coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today it was 85 outside and it was no problem. I'm sure the AZ heat is a lot more.. make sure you get care instructions and maintenance info.. my guy told me to do reload after a couple weeks so I gotta buy that

it will be in the 90s while he's putting on. but at least in shade in garage

WIll ask about reload,

He's using Simoniz Glass Coat. 6 YEAR warranty paid by Simoniz (he's certified from them) and they would pay if there are any warranty items...

https://www.groupon.com/deals/quality-detailz-2?deal_option=ebe58510-f20b-4cd7-aac0-7c09bb570288

Last edited:
He likely knows his product. Some of them care about temp way more than others.

my biggest do is follow the manufacturers recommendations on cure times. (I didn’t drive my car for a week as the documentation said something like 5-7days no chemicals. Which for me means no driving given the bugs down here.

it was totally worth it. Bug guts wash right off, dirt falls right off with a regular hose.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
He likely knows his product. Some of them care about temp way more than others.

my biggest do is follow the manufacturers recommendations on cure times. (I didn’t drive my car for a week as the documentation said something like 5-7days no chemicals. Which for me means no driving given the bugs down here.

then it's a perfect time. I can leave the car in the garage for a week, given I'm WFH. It'll probably cure fast in there given our high temps.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
it will be in the 90s while he's putting on. but at least in shade in garage

WIll ask about reload,

He's using Simoniz Glass Coat. 6 YEAR warranty paid by Simoniz (he's certified from them) and they would pay if there are any warranty items...

https://www.groupon.com/deals/quality-detailz-2?deal_option=ebe58510-f20b-4cd7-aac0-7c09bb570288
Make sure you know ALL the details about the warranty. Many ceramic installers have common things that will void the warranty like automatic car washes, not washing the car regularly, not using the maintenance stuff, etc.

Make sure you know ALL the details about the warranty. Many ceramic installers have common things that will void the warranty like automatic car washes, not washing the car regularly, not using the maintenance stuff, etc.

will do. I'll probably be handwashing past this point (put my son to work!) I hate the neutral issue.

Here's the manu. site Simoniz GlassCoat Protects Vehicles Paint & Interior | GlassCoat. Can't find instructions but seems like a good product, apparently the 1st ceramic ?

Doesn't look that different yet. But he said after it cures it should. The paint swirls are gone though! Gave me a bottle for touch ups but no written instructions. Should have touched up a few rock chips, but he said you can do after.

We shall see...

Last edited:
Doesn't look that different yet. But he said after it cures it should. The paint swirls are gone though! Gave me a bottle for touch ups but no written instructions. Should have touched up a few rock chips, but he said you can do after.

We shall see...
Oof, that guys doesn’t sound like the greatest. ALL paint problems need to be corrected BEFORE you apply the ceramic. You cannot correct the paint now without removing the ceramic which will require you to use an abrasive. Then the ceramic would need to be reapplied to that area.

Last edited:
will search. Any recommendations appreciated..
There are a bunch of Chemical Guys videos that highlight products and washing techniques. If you look up YouTube video for car washing techniques most are the same or very similar, it's just the products that vary. In the end you will have to decide what products to go with and then implement the proper techniques. Chemical Guys has a full line of products and a lot of videos on how to properly use them, but I also like ONR (Optimum No Rinse) as a product as well, and there are a lot of videos out there on what ONR is and how to use it.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
Oof, that guys doesn’t sound like the greatest. ALL paint problems need to be corrected BEFORE you apply the ceramic. You cannot correct the paint now without removing the ceramic which will require you to use an abrasive. Then the ceramic would need to be reapplied to that area.

Still fixable though after removing though right? I might have him do that for the bumper. Still has a few "bumps"

I did it myself, car hasn’t been this shiny since I got it a year ago. The key is taking your time

Attachments

• B7688B96-8E3A-48B8-9ABC-516595217B77.jpeg
    B7688B96-8E3A-48B8-9ABC-516595217B77.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 99