Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger no longer included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Wall Connector can be configured to work on any 120V or 240V circuit rated between 15 amps and 60 amps (15, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60.) You only install a 60 amp breaker if the wiring is rated for a minimum of 60 amps. The Wall Connector setup process ensures that the Wall Connector will limit the maximum amperage to 80% of the circuit (i.e. 48 amps for a 60 amp rated circuit) per the National Electrical Code (NEC) for continuous use cases including EV charging applications. If the circuit wiring is only rated for 50 amps then you install a 50 amp circuit breaker and configure the Wall Connector for 50 amps (in the case of a 50 amp circuit the Wall Connector will automatically limit the charging amperage to 80% of 50 amps (40 amps)).
My point is that you still need a breaker, which he didn’t noted in his comparison.

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
Wrong, here's a quote from the order agreement:
Agreement to Purchase. You agree to purchase the vehicle (the “Vehicle”) described in your Vehicle Configura8on from Tesla, Inc. or its affiliate (“we,” “us”
or “our”), pursuant to the terms and condi8ons of this Agreement. Your Vehicle is priced and configured based on features and op8ons available at the
8me of order

Didn't copy great, but note the Features and options available at the time of the order
Not arguing that we should get what was advertised as part of purchase! Just saying we don’t have mobile charger in writing in order agreement.
F803F79C-A4C9-4112-8204-135CD5686082.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
Not arguing that we should get what was advertised as part of purchase! Just saying we don’t have mobile charger in writing in order agreement.
Within the wording of the contract, it does state that the purchase includes those features and options available at the time of purchase. So by your reasoning if you ordered the Sport Wheels it would be ok for Tesla to ship your vehicle with the 18" wheels and just keep the $1,500 you spent on them? There are multiple places within the website where the Mobile Connector is listed as a Feature of the vehicle, and it was a feature at the time of order, as listed in the Purchase Agreement. I know you're a fan of Tesla, so am I, but look at this objectively.

Within the wording of the contract, it does state that the purchase includes those features and options available at the time of purchase. So by your reasoning if you ordered the Sport Wheels it would be ok for Tesla to ship your vehicle with the 18" wheels and just keep the $1,500 you spent on them? There are multiple places within the website where the Mobile Connector is listed as a Feature of the vehicle, and it was a feature at the time of order, as listed in the Purchase Agreement. I know you're a fan of Tesla, so am I, but look at this objectively.
Wheels are actually listed in purchase agreement. It’s all good, I hope people with existing orders won’t be affected but who knows. Either way won’t change my mind in buying another Tesla bc of mobile charger.

This to me is different than the passenger lumbar support. I don’t know if they ever advertised on the website that passenger lumbar support was included. They 100% told me I would get a mobile charger kit included with my purchase. The fact that it took them 9 months to get me a car shouldn’t let them take away items that were included when I purchased.
They did advertise the front seat lumbar support. That was an important factor for my wife for longer rides. They removed it from the list of interior features when they officially removed it from the cars.

Again not in order agreement.
That is not absolutely dispositive in all states. For example, employment agreements/contracts in Washington have been ruled to include provisions set forth in the employee manual.

*not legal advice, etc. Just noting a related legal doctrine and court holding where contracts have included things beyond what was within the “four squares” of a written contract. And contract law varies state to state.*

Last edited:
Wheels are actually listed in purchase agreement. It’s all good, I hope people with existing orders won’t be affected but who knows. Either way won’t change my mind in buying another Tesla bc of mobile charger.
So the Steering wheel and brake pedals are specifically called out either, I guess those don't need to be included either.

They did advertise the front seat lumbar support. That was an important factor for my wife for longer rides. They removed it from the list of interior features when they officially removed it from the cars.
That one is a bummer as well. Though that was not available when I ordered. Though a retrofit was. And it seems you can’t retrofit using OEM parts anymore. Which is further a bummer. As I will want lumbar support when my wife and I go on roadtrips, and she drives, I am looking at options. So far, an ugly old aftermarket cushion that I can stow somewhere in the car (annoying) is the best bet I can find.

We already have an example of how they will handle it with the deletion of radar. When I was finalizing my MYLR delivery online I got a little screen explaining radar was no longer included in the car. I had the option to either accept the change or cancel the order. I imagine the charger will be similar.

That one is a bummer as well. Though that was not available when I ordered. Though a retrofit was. And it seems you can’t retrofit using OEM parts anymore. Which is further a bummer. As I will want lumbar support when my wife and I go on roadtrips, and she drives, I am looking at options. So far, an ugly old aftermarket cushion that I can stow somewhere in the car (annoying) is the best bet I can find.
Ha, I tried to placate my wife with a cushion. That didn't go over well :)

One way to ensure that you are not being overcharged would be to request two quotes, one for the NEMA 14-50 receptacle and the second quote for the Wall Connector
Well, duh. Do you think I didn't consider both options?
Keep looking? How much time do you think I have to search out the one or two electricians who are charging less than the going rate, and where would I charge until then -- especially since the nearest public charger is over 40 minutes away? LOL (eye roll) just because my experience doesn't match your experience doesn't mean it isn't real and didn't happen. And it doesn't mean I'm an idiot who has never hired tradespeople before.

What's really mind boggling is you would have thought any of the, what, 15 or so prices increases since last year could have lumped in the extra cost for the mobile connector maybe?
Since they've always included the Mobile Connector there wasn't any 'extra cost.' What they did (among other things) is give a hidden price increase by removing it.

Reactions: 804son