Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger no longer included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair enough but that is how I see it. Also how is it whitewashing when I am telling people to complain directly to CEO about their displeasure? It is super unfair to raise prices and to take away parts and bits but as far as I know common practice in business. We can send signal by not buying Tesla, would I do it? No.
So then the point of the message board is...?

Any complaints should be taken up with the company directly and only praise should be allowed?

Fair enough but that is how I see it. Also how is it whitewashing when I am telling people to complain directly to CEO about their displeasure? It is super unfair to raise prices and to take away parts and bits but as far as I know common practice in business. We can send signal by not buying Tesla, would I do it? No.
Calling breaking the promises to deliver equipment that was part of an original order A good business move or implying or suggesting that it just doesn’t matter is whitewashing. Not your suggestion to complain to the CEO about the apparent decision. Though it is still unclear whether that is the decision or not. And I think the CEO needs to fix the communications department, or actually get one. I will probably put that in his suggestion box on Twitter also.

Already did. Respectfully suggesting he confirm that current orders include what was advertised and communicated, and asking that he reconsider how he rolls out this move for orders moving forward, with a ”green” opt out option. That option easily could be required before an order can be placed.
I did too and waiting for his reply, But Elon right now is too "distracted" with all this situation trying to buy the Twitter. 😁

Unfortunately the Fanbois do nothing to help Tesla succeed, they only provide an echo chamber for Elon.
It's ok to admit "the emperor isn't wearing any clothes"
It’s interesting - many (myself included) have drawn parallels between this move by Tesla and Apple. Another similarity is that both companies have a subset of very passionate fans who are seemingly unwilling to ever admit that anything the company does is wrong (or even less than perfect) and seem to actually believe the ‘you’re holding it wrong’ types of arguments.

Unfortunately, such blind support is counter productive. Any company (Tesla and Apple included) should be held accountable for their decisions and mistakes. Admitting a mistake and correcting it doesn‘t make a bad company - it makes a good company better. Likewise, it’s possible to like a company or its products without unquestioningly supporting everything about them.

If anything, the fanaticism makes things worse - it tends to give people unreasonable expectations and then disappointment once they realize they were misled. It also destroys the credibility of the people making such absurd justifications.

So i went back to my order, and found this in my congrats and confirmation email:

Here are some helpful links to get you up and running:
Just a quick reminder, the NEMA 14-50 adapter is NOT included in your charging kit with your vehicle, should you need one, please Click Here to order it. You can also install a High Powered Wall Connector. The wall connector will have the cables attached to it and will charge about 25% faster.

My order date was early November 2021.

Reactions: WhiteWi
It’s interesting - many (myself included) have drawn parallels between this move by Tesla and Apple. Another similarity is that both companies have a subset of very passionate fans who are seemingly unwilling to ever admit that anything the company does is wrong (or even less than perfect) and seem to actually believe the ‘you’re holding it wrong’ types of arguments.

Unfortunately, such blind support is counter productive. Any company (Tesla and Apple included) should be held accountable for their decisions and mistakes. Admitting a mistake and correcting it doesn‘t make a bad company - it makes a good company better. Likewise, it’s possible to like a company or its products without unquestioningly supporting everything about them.

If anything, the fanaticism makes things worse - it tends to give people unreasonable expectations and then disappointment once they realize they were misled. It also destroys the credibility of the people making such absurd justifications.
I have long used Apple computers in my solo law practice as they have always been the best tool for the job for me. First Mac in college in 1984. And I know how to use PCs and have over the years, but I always go back to Apple for my day today operations as I get more done with those machines.

That said, I have no problem calling out Apple when they make them decisions. And there was a time in the 90s where they nearly lost my patronage. But they pulled it together, and I still use their products, and also complain about them at times because they are not perfect and the vertical integration approach sometimes can be frustrating and expensive unnecessarily.

And yes, I think it is important to give customer feedback and not simply except whatever is rolled out to us.

LOL, his one of his companies can't even make sure that the EXVs on heat pumps don't open when they're not supposed to (causing damage to compressors in cold weather), couldn't make sure that the charge port closes properly on 2021.40, and messed up the behavior of the trunk on 2022.8, and now he wants people to trust his other company not to screw something up on a mission to Mars? Yeah okay, I might try that, if I were suicidal.