Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger stuck in Topfit Charger Hook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the topfit hook, took it out of the box and put the charger in (the notched latch inside). I am completely unable to get the charger out. Is there some kind of trick or do I have a defective hook? Do I need to mount it to get it out? I am about to break it to get it out!

I mounted it, same issue. The charger is really stuck and I have NO IDEA how to get it out. Total disaster
I don't have one, but does it work the same way as with the Tesla cable organizer where it just hooks onto the notch on the bottom of the charging wand? If so, just lift up the wand to clear the notch and pull the wand out. Based on photos, the wand is stowed in a more horizontal orientation than with the Tesla equivalent, so maybe you have to push in slightly and lift up at the same time to clear the notch?

• Informative
Reactions: jbrady3324
I ended up using a knife to pry it out. I think mine was defective. It shouldn't be that hard!
The Tesla version is the opposite: Bump the wand and it'll fall out of the cradle. I used to coil the charging cable around the cradle in large loops and the wand would land on the garage floor (not good) if it got dislodged. Now I coil the cable in tighter loops and the wand would just dangle mid-air if it got bumped.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
The Tesla version is the opposite: Bump the wand and it'll fall out of the cradle. I used to coil the charging cable around the cradle in large loops and the wand would land on the garage floor (not good) if it got dislodged. Now I coil the cable in tighter loops and the wand would just dangle mid-air if it got bumped.
One thing to add: Don't make the last loop TOO tight or else the wand won't stay in the cradle.

• Helpful