Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile charging for Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Aussie Model S Newbie's
I've had my Model S and couldn't wait any longer for the Tesla Mobile charger.
I purchased a charger and 10 amp connector from e-station.store.com last week. Links as follows:
EVR1 - Type 2 - max 7,4 kW - e-Station Store
Adapter to Schuko Socket - e-Station Store
The schuko plug is the European equivalent of our regular 10 amp power plug.
Either change the plug or use an Aussie-Euro travel adapter.
Mirko Colaluca organized shipping within 8 hours for € 40 via TNT. Item arrived in 6 days.
The payment is made via Paypal or credit card.
The unit works like a charm at 10 amps but with a CEE 32 amp socket installed this unit can charge at 32 amps.
I hope this helps those you are patiently waiting for the Tesla mobile charger and becoming frustrated by the delay.

Here's a Chinese mobile charging solution…

grrOfHD.jpg

JdE7hMJ.jpg

v2wELwF.jpg

bdNoXCV.jpg

Just received the following from Tesla Australia Charging:

Hopefully, I will take delivery of my Model S next month and would like an update on charging adaptors:

AUS 3 pin to Mennekes Type 2 – Expected within the next couple of months, will send out an email blast to all owners once available. Price TBC.

J1772 to Mennekes Type 2 – No plans for Tesla to manufacture.

CHAdeMO to Mennekes Type 2 – Available now, however no stock here or in the US, we can put you on the waitlist if you would like. $550 + shipping.

Looks like the J1772 to Type 2 will have to be https://www.jpson.com/product/sae-j...xtension-cord-32a-for-ev-charging_p1082.html# as mentioned previously in this thread.
I will order one shortly and comment when I get it.

Does anyone have a reasonably priced source for the AUS 3 pin to Type 2?

Ray

G'day again, I'm looking at picking up my car in Sydney and driving up to Brisbane. To that end, does anyone know of a charger at or near Coffs Harbour in NSW?

Ray

Ray, I'm in Port Macquarie. If you're running low and need a powerpoint I can help you out, but I only have a 10A GPO, which would mean you'd need some sort of mobile charger and plenty of time. Alternatively, I know of a business in Wauchope that has a holden volt charger, I guess that's J1772. once again, adapter required. I could get in touch with the owner for you.

When are you making the trip? There's a hotel in Port that will soon have a HPWC installed. Not sure when exactly though.

Ray, I'm in Port Macquarie. If you're running low and need a powerpoint I can help you out, but I only have a 10A GPO, which would mean you'd need some sort of mobile charger and plenty of time. Alternatively, I know of a business in Wauchope that has a holden volt charger, I guess that's J1772. once again, adapter required. I could get in touch with the owner for you.

When are you making the trip? There's a hotel in Port that will soon have a HPWC installed. Not sure when exactly though.

Thanks for the offer but I don't think I would have enough time at 10A; the permit to drive the car unregistered SYD->BNE is only for three days. I have ordered a J1772 cable from China (delivery ??).
The car arrives in Sydney next week (I think). So I would probably be looking at week starting 9 March or in other words *soon*.

Ray

Thanks for the offer but I don't think I would have enough time at 10A; the permit to drive the car unregistered SYD->BNE is only for three days. I have ordered a J1772 cable from China (delivery ??).
The car arrives in Sydney next week (I think). So I would probably be looking at week starting 9 March or in other words *soon*.

Ray

Fair enough, of course 10A is not useful beyond edging out a few extra k's.

I was shown this map yesterday (below), it's for zero motorcycle owners. I notice there's a charger in Armidale, it may be worth calling the business listed and asking what connection it is. A plugshare charge in Newcastle then on to to Armidale should be achievable, and from Armidale you should be able to cruise downhill from glen innes in to Grafton no problems at all. there's also a charger at the macadamia castle. The New England Highway drive is a very pretty one too.

If it's a J1772 plug in Armidale, you could let them know that plugshare would likely give them more exposure.

Zero Motorcycle Friendly Charging Stations

Fair enough, of course 10A is not useful beyond edging out a few extra k's.

I was shown this map yesterday (below), it's for zero motorcycle owners. I notice there's a charger in Armidale, it may be worth calling the business listed and asking what connection it is. A plugshare charge in Newcastle then on to to Armidale should be achievable, and from Armidale you should be able to cruise downhill from glen innes in to Grafton no problems at all. there's also a charger at the macadamia castle. The New England Highway drive is a very pretty one too.

If it's a J1772 plug in Armidale, you could let them know that plugshare would likely give them more exposure.

Zero Motorcycle Friendly Charging Stations

Wauchope to Macadamia Castlelooks doable. I'd rather come up the coast than the New England. Would you have some more info on the Volt dealer?

Ray

Wauchope to Macadamia Castlelooks doable. I'd rather come up the coast than the New England. Would you have some more info on the Volt dealer?

Ray

It's not a dealer, it's a customer I know who owns a Volt, he installed his own charger at his business. I'll give him a call and ask if the plug is suitable and if he minds me passing on his details to you.

Lex.

Ray

you should of gone with the dual chargers then otherwise it appears your limited to 15amps on a single phase. without the special tesla type 2 EVSE.

Last edited: