TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mobile connector 3 red blinking lights

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by nikeykid, Nov 9, 2016.

1. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

my mobile connector isn't working and is blinking 3 red lights. the manual states that there is some kind of "contactor failure" and just advise i wait 10 seconds. still isn't working, anyone encounter this before?

2. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

Yep. Have you tried the reset button on the back? If you hold it down some x number of seconds while plugged in it force resets it. My mobile connector does not like a certain 110 circuit in my garage for unknown reasons, and this is what it would do after a few seconds of being plugged in. Neither Tesla nor my electrician got to the bottom of it, but now I have an HPWC and don't have to care.

Edit - I had to "reset" the mobile connector every time I plugged the car in to that circuit, but just once. Once the car was charging, all was good until I unplugged/replugged it.

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

My HPWC has worked flawlessly for the past 3 months. Last night I come home and plug in and notice that the Green light has been replaced by a Red light. I simply reset and it worked fine. Never had any issues with my mobile connector, though, so I can't offer any advice. Just thought it was weird that we both had a similar issue at the same time.

4. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

ha ha, I just reset the breaker going to the 14-50 and it worked again. don't know why i didn't try that earlier!

5. travwill

travwill Active Member

Good luck. By chance if you don't get it fixed. If it is the one that came with the car, its under the same duration (4 year) warranty as the car I believe. If it is an extra one you bought, it has a 1 year warranty by default. Tesla will test it and replace quickly if needed.

6. stefschwartz

stefschwartz New Member

This happened to me and it was the earth connection on my house. We put in a new earth and everything worked. Hope this is helpful

• Like x 1