Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile connector button does not open charge port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought you still had the cable. I meant to try opening the port door from the car, to see if it opened, to make sure it was the cable. And assuming the cable is bad, my other question was if you open the charge port door from the car, if the cable actually charged the car or not... AND release the plug lock when done. Was just curious :). But never mind, since you don't have the cable anymore. Hopefully the new one will bring everything back to normal.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I'll bet you are holding the connector close to the charge port door when you push the button. Try pointing the connector at the back window when you push the button.

On my S, the antenna is in the back window, so when someone told me that, I started pointing at the window and it never fails to open. I assume that the antenna for Model 3 is also in the back window.
I have a 2021 model S (prerefresh) and pointing at the back window works great! Thank you so much.