Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile connector button is supposed to open charge port right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had 2 problems with 2 different mobile connectors that came with the car.

1) The first mobile connector that came with the car have a button on the handle to open up the charge port when near. The only problem was that the plug into the car’s charge port is the holes on the connector is off and not aligning with the pins in the car. So I had to go to Tesla to get it replaced.

2) They gave me a new mobile connector and it plugs in correctly. My only problem now is that the button doesn’t open the charge port when I press on it.

Is that Normal?

It is not normal and the button should work to open the charge port.

One thing to try to fix it is "reboot" your mobile connector. In other words, unplug the mobile connector from the wall so it powers down and plug it back in.

Then try again. Hopefully that helps.

One thing to try to fix it is "reboot" your mobile connector. In other words, unplug the mobile connector from the wall so it powers down and plug it back in.

Is the Tesla logo on the Mobile connector supposed to stay on when it is unplugged from the car?

It sometimes takes a second press of the button to open the charger port door. Doesn't always work on the first press.

It turns out it was a bad cable. Third cable is the charm. The 2nd cable's bluetooth signal from the wand wasn't sending anything to the car. They gave me a brand new cable that is still in a plastic bag. The previous one looks like it was used. The one before that was just faulty and didn't plug in.

The Tesla service manager was dumbfounded and said that this is the first time that 2 in a row were bad. What were the chances?

Reactions: Rocky_H
I have a similar problem. I recently sold my 2015 Model S and my WC button always opened the charge port. I just purchased a Model Y and the button will not open the port. This leads me to believe it is a vehicle issue. I am going to try opening the port with the mobile connector and see if that makes a difference.