Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile connector button isn't opening charge port anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My '22 MX's charging situation has been working fine, except after a couple weeks the button on the mobile connector suddenly has stopped wirelessly opening the charge port. I tried unplugging it from the wall for an hour, no help. I've tried holding the button down as others have suggested in other threads. No luck.

Anyone know a solution to this?

Does a supercharger wand still open the port? Does it open when you push on the port door? If both of these work, and the mobile charger is plugged in it sounds like the mobile wand has an issue. Tesla should be able to swap that out, but there may be a delay getting a new one since they don't make as many anymore.

Ours just (magically?) started working again yesterday. We have no idea why. No SW update or anything.

Not necessarily a software update to the car. Believe it or not, the *car* can push a software update into the *wall connector!*. I forget the exact wording but it comes up on the dash display.

So possibly your wall connector took a silent update and you're good to go now?

Not necessarily a software update to the car. Believe it or not, the *car* can push a software update into the *wall connector!*. I forget the exact wording but it comes up on the dash display.

So possibly your wall connector took a silent update and you're good to go now?
Maybe. Also possible that Tesla's service folks did something remotely. It did get resolved shortly after I added it on to my upcoming service appointment.

With 6 years of experience I can tell you it's mostly random. And when it decides not to do it, it seems like it's that way for days or weeks. Then it mysterious corrects itself and will open flawlessly for quite a while. Collectively I would say my wand (WC), opening the charger door at better than 90% over the life of the car.

Might I suggest that you move the wand around the charger port, especially above and behind the door, while successively tapping the button. You might find a sweet spot for your car that works better than other places.

My "Elon" sig hpwc remote button has never worked, my other hpwc, and all mobile connecters open all car charge ports just fine.

Anybody else experience a solution for this?
My Elon HPWC seems to work most of the time. But pressing the charge door works every time, so I usually just do that. I suppose I could complain, but I got the HPWC free, so I don't. Door always opens for Superchargers wands.