Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile connector is no longer included with Teslas in Japan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot believe this but in addition to the CHAdeMo adapter costing Y51,100, you also have to pay for a mobile connector if you want one.

The mobile connector is standard and included with the car in ALL other markets to my knowledge.

WTH Elon?

Seriously about to cancel my order.

Last edited:
I think the larger issue (at least for me) was that the Salesperson did not openly say that there is no mobile charger included and gave me a lot of misleading information. He was very vague when asked directly and in the end just told me I'm not going to need to use the mobile charger and just pushed me to buy chademo adapter instead. Also, suggested more than once that the only way to charge at home is to use the Home charger (not sure if they're getting any incentive from selling those). I hope he just wanted to say that mobile charging with 110V is not viable if you use the car every day and can only blame he's not-so-great English skill.
I ended up buying the mobile charger and doing most of my charging with 110V outlet (and occasional supercharger visit) as I really use my car only a few times a week.