Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022 - Tesla confirms adapter included with cars ordered before 04/17/22]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think that if a car was ordered months ago and it was being provided then it will be in the car. Only the new orders where the buyer has to "choose" are affected. So it should be no surprise that people are still receiving...right?

Last edited:
Reactions: OliverM3
With Tesla discontinuing the inclusion of a mobile connector with the purchase of a new tesla, and being out of stock online, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to find a Mobile Connector? Ordered my first Tesla with the idea that it would come with a charger (before the policy change) and do not have the best access to a supercharger. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

With Tesla discontinuing the inclusion of a mobile connector with the purchase of a new tesla, and being out of stock online, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to find a Mobile Connector? Ordered my first Tesla with the idea that it would come with a charger (before the policy change) and do not have the best access to a supercharger. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you ordered before the policy change, you will get it.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I am trading in my 2018 M3P for a 2022. Do I need to hand back my mobile connector from the 2018, or does Tesla not expect those back anymore?

Thats a good question. When you find out, let us know. Your experience may only be relevant to your country location, but a data point is a data point.

In a pinch, you can always buy a J1772 charger and then add the J1772-to-Tesla adapter to it. It's not ideal because it costs more.

120V outlet, $229:

240V outlets , $349 :

then the adapter, $50:

In a pinch, you can always buy a J1772 charger and then add the J1772-to-Tesla adapter to it. It's not ideal because it costs more.

120V outlet, $229:

240V outlets , $349 :

then the adapter, $50:

Thanks for this. $229 for the 120v charger plus $50 for the adapter (don't they still include the j1772 adapter?) is still less than people are getting for their used Tesla mobile connector. If you're setup to use 240v, though - makes sense just to pay the ebay prices instead.

Thanks for this. $229 for the 120v charger plus $50 for the adapter (don't they still include the j1772 adapter?) is still less than people are getting for their used Tesla mobile connector. If you're setup to use 240v, though - makes sense just to pay the ebay prices instead.

There are loads of J1772 chargers on Amazon that can be used with a J1772/Tesla adapter. Prices range from upper-$100s to over $600.

But I'm also curious about the adapter. To anyone that ordered after May and has recently accepted delivery, was there a J1772/Tesla adapter included?

...don't they still include the j1772 adapter?...
Yes. The shopping page says so:

"This product comes standard with purchase of any Tesla vehicle."

I went ahead and list the shopping link in case someone screwed up and it's erroneously not included.

Also, j1772 charger also sells 120/240 combination version ($319 as below) too so you don't need to buy 2 separate ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3geekfamily
I asked Tesla if they are still including J1772 adapters with recently built cars. They said no. For reference, my car's build date is June 6th.

Screenshot_20220609-154127.png

I bought a 24/32/40 amp charger with wifi app control and a J1772 adapter from Amazon that will be here Saturday. The price is higher than Tesla's corded charger but at least I'll be able to charge at home in 2022.

Here's a cheaper option that still has good reviews and will arrive to your door months ahead of Tesla's.

Last edited: