Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022 - Tesla confirms adapter included with cars ordered before 04/17/22]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean there are supply chain challenges with lot of components in auto industry but those other manufacturers list the feature being deleted on the window sticker along with a small credit and a commitment to provide the missing product/feature at a later date when available. Tesla has a history of just removing content from their cars while the prices just keep going up.

Since I bought my Model 3.

No more floor mats
No more NEMA 5-50 adapter for the Mobile Connector
No more USB cables
No more lumbar seats
No more radar
No more lowered suspension on the M3 Performance
No more Mobile Connector
I forgot the Homelink was removed as well.

There's no reason to rebate. Those with existing orders will get them. Those who have ordered since the 17th have the option to order one.
Yeah but they paid the same price if not more and don't get the cable. Why are you guys apologizing for Elon? He's flaunting his money trying to purchase Twitter and it seems like a lot of people here seem generally happy to subsidize that for him.

The typical buyer wouldn't be reading the nonsense on here and happily be going home with exactly what they were promised and paid for. And after the charger is removed that same typical buyer would put a reduced price charger in their cart and still be equally happy. It's only us nut job fans that follow every tweet like it's gospel that seem to have a problem. Look at that track mode tweet with boost. Elon said "OK" probably while on the can and now everyone has articles up and youtube that we're all getting track mode whoohoo amazing.

They didn't communicate anything though. They technically still haven't. Orders as of April 17 are not coming with an included charger allegedly. That means anyone not in the know who ordered yesterday or today has no idea the car doesn't come with one anymore. The configurators still haven't been updated and the reduced pricing still isn't in effect so your point doesn't really stand.

In Defense of Elon Musk's Managerial Excellence

1650325438616.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: WhiteWi
They didn't communicate anything though. They technically still haven't. Orders as of April 17 are not coming with an included charger allegedly. That means anyone not in the know who ordered yesterday or today has no idea the car doesn't come with one anymore. The configurators still haven't been updated and the reduced pricing still isn't in effect so your point doesn't really stand.
If it was listed as included on their order then they would and should be able to get it. you need to stop the what if's If I have an invoice with an included charger then you better believe I will be getting one.

This is how Tesla works, you find out from a Tweet and then when you pick up your car it is missing the Homelink, charger, floor mats, frunk mat, USB cables, adapters, lumbar, radar, etc.

If it was listed as included on their order then they would and should be able to get it. you need to stop the what if's If I have an invoice with an included charger then you better believe I will be getting one.
I don’t have any official order documentation that it’s included though, just previous verbiage on the website.

This is how Tesla works, you find out from a Tweet and then when you pick up your car it is missing the Homelink, charger, floor mats, frunk mat, USB cables, adapters, lumbar, radar, etc.
That is also not true the car contains exactly what it should when you ordered it and sometimes more. Like activated heated steering wheel and matrix headlights that are still not activated. Rear heated seats what else?
Ok I need to stop it's like a broken record. I got exactly what I was promised with my 2022 M3 there was nothing removed that I didn't already know about.
I added homelink and I knew I would have too. Oooh I wish I could add the position sensor on the door handles that was removed at some point. That was so nice that you could open the frunk on partial activation. Hey but I got Matrix headlights that still haven't been activated and a power trunk.
Again the car came with exactly what was promised and what was missing I opted to add.
There is no deception or money grab. Hell Elon could charge 10k more and you guys would line up just like how FSD still sells.

Me personally I don't want a robo cab I don't need someone making babies in my car before I go to work the next day. NO Thank you

Reactions: WhiteWi
It’s all about the order date. TESLA honors the price of the car with your deposit even if they go up $5000 by time you get it… What makes us think they won’t honor a bag with a charger in it.
Because in the past they have removed features for in progress orders. Homelink, Lumbar, Auto dimming mirrors, radar sensor….

But now that we have a semi official hard cut off date of 4/17 it doesn’t matter anymore.

Because in the past they have removed features for in progress orders. Homelink, Lumbar, Auto dimming mirrors, radar sensor….

But now that we have a semi official hard cut off date of 4/17 it doesn’t matter anymore.
You should look at the site The features you order it with will come on the car. Maybe print it out I haven't seen anything removed after the order.
Radar though isn't really a feature you pretty much get the newest advancements for FSD this isn't something that you want to hold on to older tech.

1650326543435.png

Exactly, if this is truly about low usage and supply chain challenges then make it optional and credit back the cost. Think of it this way, if Mobile Charger costs Tesla $100 and they produce 1M vehicles this year that is a cool $100M a year extra since they did not lower the price of the vehicle. Then go a step further and say that 25% of people of that purchase this year will actually now go and buy the price reduced $200 Mobile Connector. Telsa makes another $100 x 250,000 buyers, or another cool $25M this year.
This is a joke, right? $25M is a booger on Elon's finger. They make more profit than this every single day.

When I bought our first SRP in September 2021 I had no idea it didn't come with floor mats and didn't care or think about fog lights which it didn't come with.

When I ordered our second a M3LR in January 2022 guess what it came with floor mats and fog lights! Didn't even know or again care but then it gets better. It also came with the new "better" Ryzen chip and the new 12v battery (lithium?) double pane glass, heated steering wheel, heated back seats and then they added heated wipers! All which I didn't expect as all I wanted "my wife's car" with dual motor/range.

Come to think of it I have the Tesla carpet mats in the garage b/c I ordered a nice rubber set for the car...I guess I should go start a post and complain and whine and bash Tesla! Gotta go...!

When I bought our first SRP in September I had no idea it didn't come with floor mats and didn't care or think about fog lights which it didn't come with.

When I bought our second M3LR guess what it came with floor mats and fog lights! Didn't even know or again care but then it gets better. It also came with the new "better" Ryzen chip and the new 12v battery (lithium?) heated steering wheel, heated back seats and then they added heated wipers! All which I didn't expect as all I wanted "my wife's car" with dual motor/range.

Come to think of it I have the Tesla carpet mats in the garage b/c I ordered a nice rubber set for the car...I guess I should go start a post and complain and whine and bash Tesla! Gotta go...!
K bye

Yeah but they paid the same price if not more and don't get the cable. Why are you guys apologizing for Elon? He's flaunting his money trying to purchase Twitter and it seems like a lot of people here seem generally happy to subsidize that for him.
Sorry, I did not say anything about Elon. I think they have supply chain issues and he should just have said so.