Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Connector no longer included with new cars [posted 04/16/2022 - Tesla confirms adapter included with cars ordered before 04/17/22]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a reply, and...I guess I'll just find out when I pick it up.
That doesn't address whether J1772 is standard or not.

It only says the kit is not standard and if you look at the kit, there's no J1772.

J1772 has not been in the kit sold online in the first place, so the answer doesn't help to clarify it.

On the other hand, when the kit was standard, that kit in your car had J1772 in it (unlike the one sold online).

That doesn't address whether J1772 is standard or not.

It only says the kit is not standard and if you look at the kit, there's no J1772.

J1772 has not been in the kit sold online in the first place, so the answer doesn't help to clarify it.

I know. That's why I said I'll just find out in person, because I don't have the patience to try to re-explain my question to the person that is responding to my texts. I don't think they're even reading what I'm asking.

I know. That's why I said I'll just find out in person, because I don't have the patience to try to re-explain my question to the person that is responding to my texts. I don't think they're even reading what I'm asking.

Lol, I feel your pain. Thanks for trying, and do let us know what is included when you pick it up. I’m still awaiting a vin on my M3P with an edd of July7-Aug11.

Reactions: Brou
I ordered my beautiful blue Tesla Model 3 Performance on June 11, 2022 and had delivery in Carlsbad, CA today. Much to my surprise the mobile Mobile Connector charger was included with my purchase. Hope you find the same to be true!

You should post your trim and timeline to the Model 3 Performance waiting room. That's the quickest delivery I've seen to date. What VIN range did you get?

You should post your trim and timeline to the Model 3 Performance waiting room. That's the quickest delivery I've seen to date. What VIN range did you get?
I'd guess his car was in local inventory already? I'm doing the same with a M3P taking delivery tomorrow, ordered last monday. Haven't been inside it yet but I'l told the mobile connector is in there.

The mobile connector is currently in stock online, just not the one that includes the 14-50. FYI. It came back in stock yesterday or the day before. Just in case someone wanted to buy one.

The mobile connector is currently in stock online, just not the one that includes the 14-50. FYI. It came back in stock yesterday or the day before. Just in case someone wanted to buy one.

I just checked and back out of stock. I had signed up to be alerted by email when it was back in stock too. I guess I will have to go on the site daily to check. Really need to get it soon as my EDD is early July now and I plan to charge it using this in my garage.

I don't have a garage, but have charging systems at my apartment and work (only need the converter comes together with the vehicle).

Do I really need to buy it?

For now, only situation I would probably use is when I am at campsite.

I don't have a garage, but have charging systems at my apartment and work (only need the converter comes together with the vehicle).

The main reasons to have a mobile connector are:
  • Charging while traveling:
    • At campsites and similar locations where an outlet to plug in is available.
    • At other people's houses or vacation cabins where an outlet to plug in is available.
  • Charging at home:
    • Where your garage already has a suitable outlet that you can plug into, and you do not already have a suitable EVSE plugged into it.
If none of the above apply to you, then you may not need a mobile connector.

I would check the waiting room to see if the cars are still coming with them. I ordered and received delivery in June and my car came with the mobile connector. I know of some from July who received it. I stopped following after that but I'd bet people are still getting them included in their purchase.

Reactions: Willys22