TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mobile Connector strain relief and hanger

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Hometheatremaven, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Hometheatremaven

I wanted to get the weight of the mobile connector off my NEMA 14-50 receptacle, which is mounted 5 1/2 feet off the ground.

I found this little swivel thing in my junk drawer, but you could easily use two 90 degree screw-in hooks. They would prevent the connector from slipping out, yet the connector is easily removed by lifting up.

I also wanted an inexpensive hanger to keep the cord off the ground.

The hose hanger was $2.99 at Walmart in the garden department. Works perfectly and because it's plastic, no sharp edges.

Here are some pictures: P1020542.JPG P1020537.JPG P1020540.JPG

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

3. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

This is exactly the one I just ordered yesterday, in white. Will look good against finished wall.

If you're willing to wade through the pages at Amazon, you'll find plenty of interesting ones there too.
    "Hose hanger" "cable hanger" "cord hanger" etc.

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

SCW--FWIW, I tried to order white but got a light gray. Still looks fine on my white garage wall. Note that you will need to source your own screws. I found some white painted ones at my local hardware store.

5. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up JP. Wonder if it's even worth attempting to apply/spray paint to it? I suppose it probably won't hold with any kind of flexing or the cable wearing on it.
    This one just looks like the right amount of drape curve and lip to it, not too big, not to small... and in theory - white. We'll see what I get then.

6. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

#6 SCW-Greg, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013