Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Connector Temp Hot Temperature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile charger connected to 14-50 plug and limited to 22 amps and the connector (at the adapter) is 102 degrees.

I'm guessing this is pretty normal, but thought I'd pull out my meter to check anyway.

Ambient temp outside is 70 degrees.

mobile-connector.png

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Yeah, I'm wondering if this is normal, and sounds like it is. I'm now wondering at what temps should people be concerned / worried.
I'd say that 102 degreesF barely counts as warm. If it gets so hot that you can't keep your hand on it, then you've got a problem.

P.S. I see you're checking the UMC itself, and that's good, but the place people have the most trouble is at the plug and wall outlet. It's also worth being aware of the car end of the connection.

Last edited:
P.S. I see you're checking the UMC itself, and that's good, but the place people have the most trouble is at the plug and wall outlet. It's also worth being aware of the car end of the connection.

Thanks!

Yeah, I took temps all the way from end to end... at the car port, up the cable, to the outlet, to the breaker, then sub-panel, then main panel at the "pigtail" coming into my home at the main. Everything read 70 - 80 except for the UMC.