TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mobile Generator Truck

Discussion in 'North America' started by Doug_G, May 28, 2012.

1. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I'm trying to set up a track day for Roadster owners. I've gotten good cooperation from Shannonville Motorsports Park, but they don't have enough capacity to install half a dozen NEMA 14-50's. We'd be looking at upgrading their electrical service to 400V, transformers, etc. The electricians are already at $8k and we haven't even got a quote from the power utility yet for the new connection.

So... any alternatives? Is anyone aware of a mobile generator truck affair that (a) would have that kind of power, (b) produces power clean enough that a Roadster will accept it, and (c) can be rented for a day or two?

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

What is the cost of renting some generators and getting some of those 2x 110v adapters to get 30 amps or so? Could chain those together, I imagine.

3. GSP

GSP Member

Try contacting these guys. They have a couple of generator trucks with J1772, and one has CHAdeMO also. Their business is selling add-on generators for pure , clean, "real" AC power. I don't know if they would take one of their trucks to your venue, but probably worth a try.

Real Power

GSP