Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mobile phone audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having problems with answering calls (Samsung S10+) through the car at the moment? Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now, when the phone rings I can answer it via the touch screen but the audio does not play through the car and I think the phones mic is still active. If I listen on the phone I can't hear the call but if I activate the speaker, I can then hear on the phone. Selecting the phone as an audio source works OK (ie I can play spotify on the phone and listen in the car), it's just phone calls. I have tried rebooting the car and the phone, unpaired/forgotten the connection and repaired, and I have checked the bluetooth audio volume on the phone, all to no avail. I have even tried pairing another phone (Samsung S8) but that is behaving the same. I've run out of options so the next step is a service call but just wanted to check to see if others have experienced the same or have any other suggestions.

I've had something similar happen twice with my Oneplus 7 Pro and my LR 2021. Had to delete Bluetooth profiles of phone from car and car from phone, restart both and then re-pair to cure it. Mine was a little different in that car would pair to phone happily when I got in but a phone call would cause the Bluetooth connection to drop and reconnect constantly. Even after the call ended. The call was never dropped from the phone but you couldn't talk/hear as the mic/speaker input/outputs were constantly switching.

For me the issue seem to lay in turning off 'media audio' on the Bluetooth profile of my phone (didn't want to listen to little one watching Bing in the back through the car speakers when phone was used in an 'emergency'). It's done it twice some weeks apart just after turning 'media audio' off so I'm pretty sure that was to blame. However, I had it turned off quite happily for a few months previously so I think one of the Tesla updates broke it. Not tried after the last two updates though.

• Informative
Reactions: Twurzel
Is anyone else having problems with answering calls (Samsung S10+) through the car at the moment? Everything was fine until about 2 weeks ago. Now, when the phone rings I can answer it via the touch screen but the audio does not play through the car and I think the phones mic is still active. If I listen on the phone I can't hear the call but if I activate the speaker, I can then hear on the phone. Selecting the phone as an audio source works OK (ie I can play spotify on the phone and listen in the car), it's just phone calls. I have tried rebooting the car and the phone, unpaired/forgotten the connection and repaired, and I have checked the bluetooth audio volume on the phone, all to no avail. I have even tried pairing another phone (Samsung S8) but that is behaving the same. I've run out of options so the next step is a service call but just wanted to check to see if others have experienced the same or have any other suggestions.
Hi, I’m having this issue atm. Wondering if and how you were able to fix the problem?