Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Phone Voice Dialling UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,
Pretty much every car I have had for the past 10 years has had mobile phone voice dialling and i must admit its quite a basic function that does what its supposed to.

Unfortunately in the Model 3 I am really struggling and have eventually given up using voice control at all.
Admittedly all I have and ever use voice control for is phone calls if I could get it to function consistently for this purpose, i’m wondering if the issue may be the system not adjusted for our UK accent, but it struggles to recognise any name that I request dialled, I also asked some of our office staff to give it a try with the same results.

I created a “John Smith” in my contacts and gave it a Work and Home number, after 5 attempts to get the system to call John at Work it eventually brought up both numbers on the screen expecting me to manually choose one of them.

Is this normal?

In previous vehicles you would just say “Call John Smith Work” and it would place the call.

...by the way, i’m using an Android phone and not sure if this is the problem, its a shame the car doesn’t support Android Auto.

Any suggestions/experiences please guys?