Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Ranger here, ask me (almost) anything!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So recently my driver seat is making a grinding noise when it transitions from easy entry to driver mode. It's about the first 1/2 of the travel where it makes this noise. Never done it before. The car was just in for service last month. Do they lube the seat mechanisms on the 2 year service? Should I request a service for this? There is no obstructions in the travel path.

2017 P100D w/ Gen 2 seats.

Thanks,
Steve

Strange. It shouldn't be that difficult to close. Definitely contact service or request mobile to see what we can do. Just like any latch or striker there are adjustments.

Apparently, this issue of fighting to close the f/trunk has plagued the Model 3 for some times- see thread here. As I've mentioned before- the Tesla service center in Burbank told me just to "slam it". I don't like to slam my beautiful new car. ARE THERE ANY ADJUSTMENTS?

Last edited:
No reason for a ranger to answer... these questions are widely known. 110v is extremely slow and inefficient. If that's all you've got and it works for your commute, go for it. But 240v is just fine and won't harm the battery. If anything, Supercharging all the time may have some deleterious impacts over time, but many people only supercharge and haven't had a lot of degradation.

80-90%. Over 90% should only be used on trips. Anything less you just have less range. (According to the car, and Elon.)

A few days ago I noticed that my 20-month old Model S front license plate holder came loose from the front bumper and is being held up by the two tabs below. Looking at it it looks like 2-sided tape holds it on to the bumper. Is this something that I can call for a Ranger to come out to fix? Do you unscrew it from below, re-apply tape, re-screw it, then press the tape onto the bumper again?

Thanks

Social media is encouraged. If you read any of my posts I'm not releasing any sensitive information. I don't think Tesla will mind a post about me getting scared and laughing about a mouse jump scaring me lol.

I've seen some posts where people are just copy and pasting their company emails, especially the ones from Elon. I'm sure those are the ones that go dark. We sign NDA's. It's a little confusing here sometimes. If you ask me if there is a difference in the rear motors for a Model 3 LR or Performance I wouldn't answer, but tesla made our parts books available to the public which led to a lot of users here figuring out the correct answer on their own. I'm simply here to share my experience and perspective as a Mobile tech. I don't represent Tesla. I'm sure if the admins here feel I am a risk to their forum then I'll leave if I'm asked to, no questions asked.

O Mobile Ranger, Mobile Ranger, wherefore art thou Mobile Ranger?

Just a little bump to debate; does the mothership monitor TMC? Has MR been *muted*?

Hmmmm...

Just a little bump to debate; does the mothership monitor TMC? Has MR been *muted*?

Hmmmm...

See, this is why they hesitate to come out into the open: he STARTED by saying he'd be available to answer questions "for today." He was here for about 24 hours, and he was done.

But you come in here and propose a conspiracy theory that no really, someone from Tesla HQ happened to run across his postings on New Year's Eve, and managed to 1) figure out who he is, 2) go through the machinations, and 3) shut him down on New Year's Day?

Sorry, but that's not only not credible, it's downright silly to propose such a thing.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT
See, this is why they hesitate to come out into the open: he STARTED by saying he'd be available to answer questions "for today." He was here for about 24 hours, and he was done.

But you come in here and propose a conspiracy theory that no really, someone from Tesla HQ happened to run across his postings on New Year's Eve, and managed to 1) figure out who he is, 2) go through the machinations, and 3) shut him down on New Year's Day?

Sorry, but that's not only not credible, it's downright silly to propose such a thing.

You revived this dead thread and got my hopes up for some AMA action!

[UOTE="Mobile Ranger, post: 3302487, member: 92925"]Long time lurker here and on reddit /teslamotors. You guys have a great community and really good info here. Love what you guys are doing and seeing cars from unplugged performance and other mods being done are pretty amazing.

Wanted to do a quick AMA for today. No company secrets, drama, or inside info (Duh, NDA). Some of you haven't had the chance to speak to a Mobile Ranger, maybe that's a good thing lol. I will do my best to answer questions you'd ask me in person if I were there working on your vehicle, or if you saw me at a coffee shop and wanted to chat while I'm pumping myself full of caffeine.

Be gentle, I might have to help you in person one day :)[/QUOTE]

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT and duanra
[UOTE="Mobile Ranger, post: 3302487, member: 92925"]Long time lurker here and on reddit /teslamotors. You guys have a great community and really good info here. Love what you guys are doing and seeing cars from unplugged performance and other mods being done are pretty amazing.

Wanted to do a quick AMA for today. No company secrets, drama, or inside info (Duh, NDA). Some of you haven't had the chance to speak to a Mobile Ranger, maybe that's a good thing lol. I will do my best to answer questions you'd ask me in person if I were there working on your vehicle, or if you saw me at a coffee shop and wanted to chat while I'm pumping myself full of caffeine.

Be gentle, I might have to help you in person one day :)
[/QUOTE]
Hello,

Thank you for your help.

There are a few discussions about the ELDA. Some like it, some don't. But a way to settle it would be, I believe, to let the driver turn it off and leave it off without having to turn it off each time we step in the car. As now it defaults to on.
So I was wondering if Tesla considers to make a change on this matter ?

Again thank you for your time.

Reactions: Msjulie
You are likely not going to get an answer from mobile ranger, as someone revived this dead thread from months ago, and at that time the mobile ranger said "I will answer questions TODAY". He (she? dont know so dont want to assume) answered questions for around 24 hours or so and has not re visited this thread.

Also, your question would not be one the mobile ranger would answer, anyway. Even if he was privvy to tesla's decision on this matter it would not be wise for him to speak on it.

I got interested as I thought Mobile Ranger might have re opened another AMA ( and I am sure I am not the only one). I forgot to click the unwatch thread button on it.

EDIT( while I still can ). The post "I" was quoting was someone else saying the same thing I was, not the person asking the question. Going to go back to letting the thread die now :p

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenT
Hello,

Thank you for your help.

There are a few discussions about the ELDA. Some like it, some don't. But a way to settle it would be, I believe, to let the driver turn it off and leave it off without having to turn it off each time we step in the car. As now it defaults to on.
So I was wondering if Tesla considers to make a change on this matter ?

Again thank you for your time.

You are likely not going to get an answer from mobile ranger, as someone revived this dead thread from months ago, and at that time the mobile ranger said "I will answer questions TODAY". He (she? dont know so dont want to assume) answered questions for around 24 hours or so and has not re visited this thread.

Also, your question would not be one the mobile ranger would answer, anyway. Even if he was privvy to tesla's decision on this matter it would not be wise for him to speak on it.

I got interested as I thought Mobile Ranger might have re opened another AMA ( and I am sure I am not the only one). I forgot to click the unwatch thread button on it.[/QUOTE]
Oh I see, I didn't see it was quote. I thought the guy itself came online today to offer to answer.