Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service but “near” a SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All - So my driver’s exterior door handle broke. I know this is a common issue - had door handle issue on my 2015 as well.

Question: When I scheduled the service in the app it booked me for service at my house. I’m about 20 miles from the SC. Is this normal? Every other service I’ve needed over five years of ownership has been at the SC. Has Tesla expanded mobile service for some reason? Crowding at the SC?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

All - So my driver’s exterior door handle broke. I know this is a common issue - had door handle issue on my 2015 as well.

Question: When I scheduled the service in the app it booked me for service at my house. I’m about 20 miles from the SC. Is this normal? Every other service I’ve needed over five years of ownership has been at the SC. Has Tesla expanded mobile service for some reason? Crowding at the SC?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

I believe they have been increasing mobile service. It seems Tesla wants to push mobile service as much as possible. And I’m glad.

I am 5 miles from the SC and prefer Mobile. No need to stop what you are doing, drive to the SC, and get picked up. Then have to repeat the process in reverse a few hours later. Also, the tech is focused on your car only.

My charge door was sticking open sometime. The Mobile service guy fixed it in my garage while I worked upstairs. He took out panels on in the back and replaced the door mechanism about 30 minutes. Since that It has worked perfectly for the last 2 years.

I am <5km from a SC. Two years ago Mobile service came to replace the seized cinching activator for the trunk. One year ago they came to take care of the airbag recall. Quite convenient. So I think they've been trying to use Mobile service here for a while whenever the particular job allows. Even before Model 3 this area had a lot of Teslas so the local SC is typically quite busy.