Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service FSD hardware upgrade on 2017 AP 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a good experience today with Tesla mobile service installing a FSD hardware upgrade on my 2017 AP 2.0. Last week I got a message on my mobile app and an email stating that I could schedule the upgrade. I was surprised that the upgrade was offered with mobile service. The mobile service tech arrived this morning from Knoxville, TN. He said I was his third upgrade and that mine went relatively smoothly. It took 2 hours for the service, most of the time was waiting for software to download. I was told that I will not be able to use AP until the cameras are calibrated which can take from 15 to 100 miles of driving. The tech said I would have all available FSD capabilities and that I do not have to upgrade to MCU2.

Reactions: kfly212
In the same boat as you, although I had an odd case where the GPS hung before calibration took effect. In fact, they actually sent me a re-install of 2020.20.1 a couple of times as I think something went amiss during the install that wasn't caught. Took a couple of days to sort it all out. Now everything is working fine.