Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service in Wyoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BuildingCap

If you build it, they will come.
Oct 4, 2017
Evansville, WY
I am near Casper and had to schedule a service appointment for the first time in a while because the buttons on my steering wheel stopped working. I was hoping to get a mobile service appointment, but I was only given the option to go to the Colorado (or farther) service centers. Does this happen when the mobile techs are booked solid? Has anyone else in Wyoming not been able to book a mobile service appointment recently?

I am not planning to go to Colorado any time soon, so not sure if I should just book a SC appointment and see if it could get done remotely/transferred to a mobile tech or if there is a better way to go about it.

I am near Casper and had to schedule a service appointment for the first time in a while because the buttons on my steering wheel stopped working. I was hoping to get a mobile service appointment, but I was only given the option to go to the Colorado (or farther) service centers. Does this happen when the mobile techs are booked solid? Has anyone else in Wyoming not been able to book a mobile service appointment recently?

I am not planning to go to Colorado any time soon, so not sure if I should just book a SC appointment and see if it could get done remotely/transferred to a mobile tech or if there is a better way to go about it.
Book the appointment and then a mobile tech will (probably) contact you. If they don't contact you, you can always follow up on the appointment and explain your situation to the service center, or, if worse comes to worse, you can just cancel the appointment.

As an FYI, Nick was the Ranger Tech that worked out of Denver and services much of the Northern Colorado, Western Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana and as far North as Alaska even. I say "was" because he has since left the company and I'm unsure what the plans are to replace him. If it's anything like it has been they'll just spread this worth to existing employees that are already overworked.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Colorado/Rocky Mountain region has horrid "Customer Service" Support and unfortunately it was not made better by Nick's departure. I wish you the best but (having lived in Western Nebraska growing up and knowing that drive well) telling customers to take their car to Denver for service isn't a solution.

You'll especially love when you get there and realize that your "appointment" isn't actually an appointment at all but a time to get your physically there which puts it "in queue" to be looked at. The day we arrived from the Fort Collins area (3+ hours round trip) we were told there were 20 cars ahead of us "in queue" and they'd probably get a chance to look at it Monday and had no loaner available for us. Wut? Let me tell you how much things got from there and what it took to get them to agree that Uber wasn't an option for our situation and miraculously "find" a loaner that was just returned while that conversation was happening.

You can't combine all of those short comings and expect anyone to be happy with an already stressful situation when they're forced to get Tesla involved due to an issue. Couple that with the intentional removal of any sort of direct representative contact (read: phone for a LOCAL individual who will responsible for resolving my specific issue until it's actually resolved) and you've got the recipe for the worst customer service I've ever experienced of any product at any price point ever.

This has nothing to do with "I spent six figures on a luxury sedan and expect a certain level of white glove service" because we're not even in that ballpark of ACCEPTABLE customer service and wanting something more to justify the price tag. I just want FUNCTIONAL customer service at this point. I want Tesla to succeed due to their vision and what they've done but I just don't see it happening as soon as they're not the only EV game in town and the "traditional dealership model" is proven to offer better support over time.

In summary, best of luck. You'll likely need it, sadly.

Thanks, seems like I'll need it. The day before my CO appointment I did talk to someone who said they will send the info to the mobile team who may come up towards Casper once or twice a month. Did not hear anything further so rescheduled a couple weeks later. Hoping I can get some sort of feedback soon; since my horn doesn't work it is a safety issue.

Reactions: Prairie
Hey Building Cap - wondering if you could follow-up on your experience with how this went down? I'm in South-Central Montana and am seriously considering a Model Y in the near-future, but the thought of having a potential issue while driving through the state, or even here in town and having it be a nightmare to get serviced is holding me back.

Reactions: Prairie
Hey Building Cap - wondering if you could follow-up on your experience with how this went down? I'm in South-Central Montana and am seriously considering a Model Y in the near-future, but the thought of having a potential issue while driving through the state, or even here in town and having it be a nightmare to get serviced is holding me back.
@BuildingCap

It looks like his account isn't active any more so perhaps you should just address your questions and concerns to the others in this thread.