Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service never showed up, is this typical?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

My mobile service tech hasn't shown up, and I can't seem to reach an actual person when calling Tesla. Is this typical for mobile service?

Should I just give up on it and schedule a new appointment thru the app, or sit around longer waiting in case he shows up late? The appointment window was 12:30 - 2:30, it's about 3pm.

• Helpful
Reactions: 1 person
Hey guys,

My mobile service tech hasn't shown up, and I can't seem to reach an actual person when calling Tesla. Is this typical for mobile service?

Should I just give up on it and schedule a new appointment thru the app, or sit around longer waiting in case he shows up late? The appointment window was 12:30 - 2:30, it's about 3pm.

I had this problem too. I live in Michigan so Tesla normally picks up my Model S and takes it to Cleveland, or now Toledo since a service center just opened there. I scheduled an appointment for May 3 using the app, and noted that it was for mobile pickup service. I got a call a couple days in advance to confirm, but then nobody showed up on May 3. I have rescheduled for tomorrow, May 20, and I confirmed using the Chat feature on the support page. So what are the odds that they will show up tomorrow?

I had this problem too. I live in Michigan so Tesla normally picks up my Model S and takes it to Cleveland, or now Toledo since a service center just opened there. I scheduled an appointment for May 3 using the app, and noted that it was for mobile pickup service. I got a call a couple days in advance to confirm, but then nobody showed up on May 3. I have rescheduled for tomorrow, May 20, and I confirmed using the Chat feature on the support page. So what are the odds that they will show up tomorrow?

Well they showed up as promised this morning with my loaner, so I’m a happy Tesla owner once again!

Well, I'm dealing with this today.

Had the same 12:30 - 2:30 window and waited until 3:30 before trying to figure out what was going on.

1) Replied to the text confirmation they sent me yesterday but I don't think that number receives messages;
2) Checked the app for some way to see status and/or request updates but no such capabilities;
3) Checked the website for the same but, again, no such options;
4) Called the main number but the menu system did nothing but direct me to the chat option on the website;
5) Looked for the chat option on the website but no luck so sent a "message" (no appropriate subject in drop down);
6) Called main number again and used check on service status option which forwarded me to one of the Service Centers;
7) After that guy said Mobile Techs are dispatched from a different SC (he tried to help), I said I'd try calling that SC;
8) Called the dispatch SC but system put me back into the main phone queue;
9) Called that SC's sales department but got the too busy announcement;
10) Sales person called me back (saw my caller ID) and put my info in front of the dispatcher to call me back in 5 minutes;

11) Withing 5 minutes (4:07pm), got a call from an unknown number which turned out to be the Mobile Tech stuck in traffic and on his way with an ETA of 20 minutes (more like 40 from his location). He said that he'd been trying to get to me for an hour (30 minutes after the original window) and said that he needs to talk to the higher ups about how long the windows are and how many appointments are in each window - said I should've been in the late afternoon window instead of the early afternoon one.

Never got a call back from the dispatcher so, either he prompted the tech to call me or he forgot/never really knew he was supposed to.

Basically, as we all know, communication is a huge issue at Tesla and they could save themselves a lot of work by truly making our ability to find out what's going on, independently, a lot easier. I can track the progress of my pizza but I can't figure out when the Mobile Tech might actually be making it to my location. Before you know it, Tesla will be used by comedians in lieu of the cable guy.

• Informative
Reactions: tccartier
tesla service sucks! They won’t take calls anymore everything threw emails now. I have been trying to get ahold of service for over a week now. I am friends with the road tech and he can’t even help me. He tells me he gets calls all day long from pissed off customers because they can’t talk to anyone. He said tesla has never treated their customers like this before. Told me he would never buy a tesla or let his family. It’s all about cutting cost right now. Push out thousands of cars but service isn’t there yet to keep up. If its always going to be like this these two model 3’s will be gone. It’s a shame because it’s a great car.

As for your question about road techs showing up. Mine were always here until lately. Last 3 appointments they never showed. No call nothing.

• Disagree
Reactions: Joshan
tesla service sucks! They won’t take calls anymore everything threw emails now. I have been trying to get ahold of service for over a week now. I am friends with the road tech and he can’t even help me. He tells me he gets calls all day long from pissed off customers because they can’t talk to anyone. He said tesla has never treated their customers like this before. Told me he would never buy a tesla or let his family. It’s all about cutting cost right now. Push out thousands of cars but service isn’t there yet to keep up. If its always going to be like this these two model 3’s will be gone. It’s a shame because it’s a great car.

As for your question about road techs showing up. Mine were always here until lately. Last 3 appointments they never showed. No call nothing.

Mobile service has been good to me the one time I used it but I had a rather disappointing experience today. I am having some issues with my passenger seat, they ask me for pictures and say they need to order a seat so it will be a few weeks. They finally get it in and tell me I need to drive over an hour to the nearest service center. Well I feel that’s ok if they are going to fix the issue. Then this morning I get an email with a $2000 estimate. I try to call the service center and you can’t get a person on the phone no matter what department you try. I just wanted to make sure it will be covered under warranty before I drive over an hour each way because the fix isn’t worth $2000 to me. I leave voicemails and emails and finally get a call back 8 hours later and now they say they need to evaluate the seat. So I took a day away from work and really have nothing resolved.

I know this is slightly off topic but their service is just horrendous.