Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service? Only with a warranty

eye.surgeon

Nov 18, 2014
California
Had my MS 5 yrs, got the 12V battery warning, made a mobile service appointment via the app. The next day got a call from the local service center saying vehicles not under warranty were not eligible for mobile service because mobile techs had no way to collect payment. Oh and no loaner cars for my $108k vehicle if I bring it in to get it done, because "we just can't do that because we only have one loaner car"

And mobile service is Elon's solution for servicing the Tesla fleet? LOL.

A tech company that can't figure out how to collect payment at the time of mobile service? LOL.

No loaner car for a $108 vehicle? LOL.

Love my car, really want to keep it another few years, but the service has just gotten worse and worse.

Elon, have you been to a Lexus service department lately? You should.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
Had my MS 5 yrs, got the 12V battery warning, made a mobile service appointment via the app. The next day got a call from the local service center saying vehicles not under warranty were not eligible for mobile service because mobile techs had no way to collect payment. Oh and no loaner cars for my $108k vehicle if I bring it in to get it done, because "we just can't do that because we only have one loaner car"

A tech company that can't figure out how to collect payment at the time of mobile service? LOL.

Love my car, really want to keep it another few years, but the service has just gotten worse and worse.

That's odd.
I had mobile service a few months ago to replace my door handle. They didn't charge at time of service but did contact me after for payment. ($223)
2015 S85D

tranzndance

Sep 10, 2017
Bay Area

I had tire mobile service done and was able to pay. Hopefully that service center catches up to the 2010s.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC