Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service - Replace All Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m nearing 15k miles and already at 4/32, so will be replacing them next year. I’m going to get either the new MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV or Goodyear ElectricDrive GT if they become available in my size. I will order them online and have them shipped to my house.

I live in a small town so don’t have access to places like Discount Tire. Tesla Mobile Service comes out and does my tire rotations.

Does Tesla Mobile Service replace all the tires? Do they have mounting, TPMS, balancing equipment? Will they do it if I purchase them online? What is their fee?

I’m nearing 15k miles and already at 4/32, so will be replacing them next year. I’m going to get either the new MICHELIN Pilot Sport EV or Goodyear ElectricDrive GT if they become available in my size. I will order them online and have them shipped to my house.

I live in a small town so don’t have access to places like Discount Tire. Tesla Mobile Service comes out and does my tire rotations.

Does Tesla Mobile Service replace all the tires? Do they have mounting, TPMS, balancing equipment? Will they do it if I purchase them online? What is their fee?
Nope. They will only perform full wheel swaps.

Reactions: Anothergeek
Nope. They will only perform full wheel swaps.
??
Mobile Service can definitely replace tires without a wheel swap. When my MY was six months old, I ran over a bolt that penetrated the right front tire; Mobile Service came out, said it was unrepairable (hole was borderline too big but mostly it was too close to the sidewall, I agreed with that assessment), and they replaced the tire only - pulled the tire off the wheel, mounted a new tire on the wheel, balanced it, etc., just like Discount Tire or (insert your local tire repair place here).

??
Mobile Service can definitely replace tires without a wheel swap. When my MY was six months old, I ran over a bolt that penetrated the right front tire; Mobile Service came out, said it was unrepairable (hole was borderline too big but mostly it was too close to the sidewall, I agreed with that assessment), and they replaced the tire only - pulled the tire off the wheel, mounted a new tire on the wheel, balanced it, etc., just like Discount Tire or (insert your local tire repair place here).
The distinction here is if the service center has a mobile tire truck or not.

The distinction here is if the service center has a mobile tire truck or not.
The post to which I responded said Mobile Service only does full wheel replacements. I pointed out that is not the case. If not all Mobile Service dispatching locations have a tire service truck, that doesn’t invalidate my response. Interesting information though; do you know for a fact that not all Mobile Service dispatching locations have tire service trucks?

The post to which I responded said Mobile Service only does full wheel replacements. I pointed out that is not the case. If not all Mobile Service dispatching locations have a tire service truck, that doesn’t invalidate my response. Interesting information though; do you know for a fact that not all Mobile Service dispatching locations have tire service trucks?
I think it depends on the area. It's hard to tell cuz that data isn't public. OP would have to check and if they have that truck in their fleet they'd send it I assume. For ex. San Fran which is like home base for Tesla only got mobile tire trucks in 2017.

Tesla currently offers a limited amount of tire and wheel options across its entire fleet of vehicles. Offering a mobile tire and wheel repair service is something that will only become more complex as vehicles models offered by Tesla continue to increase.

Reactions: jiehan
??
Not on the east coast. Depends where OP is located I guess.

Reactions: Anothergeek