Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service rocks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dmurphy

Supporting Member
So our half Bulldog/half beaver decided last week that the rear center seatbelt buckle looked like a tasty treat.

I have the Tesla pet seat covers but - my own fault - failed to close the Velcro opening all the way around the buckle. I had her seatbelted into the car so I didn’t think twice about it being open. Oops.

Anyway - I opened a service ticket in the Tesla app this past Thursday. Got a mobile service appointment for today, and had the entire mechanism replaced in no time flat.

Total charge was $150 - $110 for the buckle mechanism (includes both the center and right rear mechanism) and $40 for labor.

Mobile service absolutely rocks…. This is the way it should be!

Just wanted to cut through all the noise we see around here about service and show that there really ARE great experiences.

Attachments

• 3D1AF363-05A4-44C1-BC15-F912B9EEABBC.jpeg
    3D1AF363-05A4-44C1-BC15-F912B9EEABBC.jpeg
    870.4 KB · Views: 178
  • A04E15EC-3369-4DDE-9FC5-E382C149F3E8.jpeg
    A04E15EC-3369-4DDE-9FC5-E382C149F3E8.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 142
I have had mobile service for a few different things, and its always been stellar. Its actually hard for me to believe that a car company would send someone out to my house to do something in my driveway for the same price they would charge me if I took it to them.

Additionally, since when you do mobile service you actually get to talk to the person who is working on your car (unlike just about any other brand, even tesla, when you go take a car in for service), you can have a conversation with the people who actually fix / repair said item, which is the most enlightening person to talk to.

If you have a nice chat with them, you can find out all sorts of stuff.

Reactions: tm1v2
I have had mobile service for a few different things, and its always been stellar.
For what it's worth, I've had recurring problems with mobile service showing up without the right parts, when I was very clear in my description + photos of what's broken, or even when the last mobile tech was involved in scheduling the appointment because they didn't have the right parts either. My impression is someone else (a service advisor?) is responsible for setting them up with the right parts, and the mobile techs themselves often don't check the work order carefully beforehand. Maybe they aren't given time for that, they're definitely as busy as anyone working for Tesla these days.

That said, they have been stellar when they have the right parts!

Its actually hard for me to believe that a car company would send someone out to my house to do something in my driveway for the same price they would charge me if I took it to them.
The cost to store their service car is probably less than the cost of additional usable shop space (must be indoors and with room to maneuver cars+people+tools). If they're able to stack/schedule nearby appointments in a manner that minimizes driving time, mobile service might be very price-competitive for Tesla, for the kind of jobs they do. Of course one bad route / drive timing where the tech gets stuck for hours in traffic could ruin any cost efficiency for the day...

It's also probably quicker and easier to scale up mobile service than building out more service centers. Though Tesla desperately needs to keep doing that too in my area, regular appointments are weeks out these days. (It was convenient when my S broke recently only one day before a scheduled appointment!)

Last edited:
So our half Bulldog/half beaver decided last week that the rear center seatbelt buckle looked like a tasty treat.

I have the Tesla pet seat covers but - my own fault - failed to close the Velcro opening all the way around the buckle. I had her seatbelted into the car so I didn’t think twice about it being open. Oops.

Anyway - I opened a service ticket in the Tesla app this past Thursday. Got a mobile service appointment for today, and had the entire mechanism replaced in no time flat.

Total charge was $150 - $110 for the buckle mechanism (includes both the center and right rear mechanism) and $40 for labor.

Mobile service absolutely rocks…. This is the way it should be!

Just wanted to cut through all the noise we see around here about service and show that there really ARE great experiences.
Can never be mad at such a cute dog EVER!!!! Lol.

Mine took the kids adderall and swallowed it. They will eat anything off the floor until you give them "their" pill and all of a sudden they are Gordon Ramsey.
A quick trip to the vet, a shot to make him puke up and all good. A set back of $131.00 Not too bad. The things we do for them.

Last edited:
Can never be mad at such a cute dog EVER!!!! Lol.

Mine took the kids adderall and swallowed it. They will eat anything off the floor until you give them "their" pill and all of a sudden they are Gordon Ramsey.
A quick trip to the vet, a shot to make him puke up and all good. A set back of $131.00 Not too bad. The things we do for them.

Yikes!! that's terrifying. Really good thing you noticed it before too late. Glad he's OK!

Yeah, she's cut but believe me, I can get mad too (for short spurts.) Her name's Daisy, but her nickname is Imelda because she's fascinated with shoes. Drives me crazy - she nibbles on my shoes... so if I take them off and put them away, my toes are next-best-thing apparently. Ouch! I gotta figure out how to break that habit.

And you're absolutely right about pills. This one loves her vitamins, but we had to give her an anti-inflamatory after her spaying, and I'd find that damn thing all over the house. She's sneaky, too. She'll take it - then spit it out when I'm not looking. Little twerp -- but I love her anyway!!

Yikes!! that's terrifying. Really good thing you noticed it before too late. Glad he's OK!

Yeah, she's cut but believe me, I can get mad too (for short spurts.) Her name's Daisy, but her nickname is Imelda because she's fascinated with shoes. Drives me crazy - she nibbles on my shoes... so if I take them off and put them away, my toes are next-best-thing apparently. Ouch! I gotta figure out how to break that habit.

And you're absolutely right about pills. This one loves her vitamins, but we had to give her an anti-inflamatory after her spaying, and I'd find that damn thing all over the house. She's sneaky, too. She'll take it - then spit it out when I'm not looking. Little twerp -- but I love her anyway!!
Dont get me started hahaha...... I can talk about dogs all day long. My daughter has a webpage www.germanshepherdgirl.com and a YouTube page. She trains them and shows them at AKC shows. She started when she was 7, she is 12 now.

For what it's worth, I've had recurring problems with mobile service showing up without the right parts, when I was very clear in my description + photos of what's broken, or even when the last mobile tech was involved in scheduling the appointment because they didn't have the right parts either. My impression is someone else (a service advisor?) is responsible for setting them up with the right parts, and the mobile techs themselves often don't check the work order carefully beforehand. Maybe they aren't given time for that, they're definitely as busy as anyone working for Tesla these days.

That said, they have been stellar when they have the right parts!

The cost to store their service car is probably less than the cost of additional usable shop space (must be indoors and with room to maneuver cars+people+tools). If they're able to stack/schedule nearby appointments in a manner that minimizes driving time, mobile service might be very price-competitive for Tesla, for the kind of jobs they do. Of course one bad route / drive timing where the tech gets stuck for hours in traffic could ruin any cost efficiency for the day...

It's also probably quicker and easier to scale up mobile service than building out more service centers. Though Tesla desperately needs to keep doing that too in my area, regular appointments are weeks out these days. (It was convenient when my S broke recently only one day before a scheduled appointment!)
This.

I recently ordered two rear seat clips over the app and offered to pick them up at the SC. They changed it to mobile service and dropped them off to me. The service guy basically said that they have so many Tesla’s in my area, it’s just easier to drop them off than having the service center deal with it. Cost me $7 for the seat clips and 2 door trim clips.

Bulldogs or bust! I love my little heifer.