Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service scratched off paint from my rear door while replacing passenger seat. What do I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Mobile Service came today to replace my front passenger seat that was making some noise and while they were repairing it, they somehow scratched off some paint. I told him once the work was done and he applied some touch up paint but it is extremely noticeable from far away. tempImageGdcUHu.jpgIMG_1913.jpeg

This picture is from a couple of minutes after it was applied. Will it get better or do I need to talk to the service center? I've had nothing but bad experiences with service so far. I have had the car for 2 months and they've come to my house 3 times and delayed this appointment by a month. Each time they leave the car worst off than it was before.

I just looked at my doorbell and found a clip of how he did it. He left a trim piece on the roof and the wind pushed it off causing it to scratch the door. What would be an appropriate resolution for the service center because I'm really not happy how he left it.

They offered me $400 service credit, there is no way to track the funds, then magically your bill is more than your credit and you still have a scratched door. Complete service center scam.
yeah their service is mostly hit or miss. I went the day this happened and the guy didn't care at all, he didn't look at the car and told me to leave since apparently the mobile service is separate from the service center even though the person that damaged the car was there and the receipt shows their address.

I called the service center later and was transferred to a call center. I explained what happened, he tried to transfer me to the SC again but since no one answered I was transferred back to him so he acted like he couldn't hear me and hung up.

I then sent an email and did not receive a reply in 2 days so I went there to check what was happening and they said "oh you're the one who sent the email, the person who did the service is on vacation for a week so we will have to wait to see his side of the story" so I showed him the video and he said he would contact me next week.

Now they set up a service appointment for June and told me I will get a loaner since it will take 3 days to fix

Reactions: Dcam
yeah their service is mostly hit or miss. I went the day this happened and the guy didn't care at all, he didn't look at the car and told me to leave since apparently the mobile service is separate from the service center even though the person that damaged the car was there and the receipt shows their address.

I called the service center later and was transferred to a call center. I explained what happened, he tried to transfer me to the SC again but since no one answered I was transferred back to him so he acted like he couldn't hear me and hung up.

I then sent an email and did not receive a reply in 2 days so I went there to check what was happening and they said "oh you're the one who sent the email, the person who did the service is on vacation for a week so we will have to wait to see his side of the story" so I showed him the video and he said he would contact me next week.

Now they set up a service appointment for June and told me I will get a loaner since it will take 3 days to fix
Tesla service is a mess.

I would be livid!
That’s unacceptable! It also looks like he applied too much paint and it ran a bit. Need to apply it in layers to avoid that

Reactions: username123
This has to be a joke. After all these months waiting, they send me a message that they’re closing the collision center permanently and that I have to go to a 3rd party.

They could’ve just told me that 2 months ago

Hope they're still reimbursing you for the repair from the 3rd party.

It's a shame these stories are all too common. I had a repair that resulted in three visits, because each visit they kept creating new problems. I know there are far worse things in life, but, really sucks to spend so much on something and then be treated like this over and over for their own mistakes.

I think employees right now, the way the economy is, are just sick of it all and morale is down. Job security. The customer has lost too much power in the relationship and they know it so they just don't care.

Hope your issue gets straightened out and don't just let it slide!

Last edited: